So I guess I'm moving to California... Anyone reside there? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default So I guess I'm moving to California... Anyone reside there?

So today we found out my husband is getting out of the Army. And that unfortunately means for me that we are leaving to California because that's where he's from. I've lived in Kansas all my life and moving to Cali kind of scares me a bit. I'm sure the people are WAY different from here which I'm expecting.... I just hope they arnt like the more than normal unpleasant people I met when I did live on the east coast for about 7 months... that was enough for me I guess I'm just used to the "hospitality" here in the Midwest so we will see I guess Is it bad that the only things I'm looking forward to are the bigger natural pet stores with tons more variety like frozen raw and dehydrated raw!! Things that are non existent here!!! And maybe even a holistic veterinarian!! Hahaha I think that's kinda bad oh well... Maybe the beach and a natural tan too. But other than those things I'm not looking forward to leaving.... Can anyone give me some advice or pointers?? we are gonna be living in the Chino Hills area about 2 hours outside of Los Angeles which terrifies me even more....

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter

Last edited by marie73; 01-02-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I am from Indiana (born and raised for 23 years) and just moved to Los Angeles at the end of August. Where are you moving to in Cali?

Los Angeles is very busy with a lot of traffic but for the most part, people are really nice. The driving is TERRIBLE, but just remember that if people honk at you, they are not necessarily being mean.

Any other questions?? I would be more than happy to answer! I have friends all over the state and can get their opinion for you!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Chino Hills area...... Someone just point me to a giant pet store with frozen raw and ubles of goodies for cats and I will have a field day!!!! go CRAZYNESS!! Do you have any nice natural pet stores near you?? Or have you been down to the chino/chino hills area?? Or maybe even a vet recommendation?? I don't know if I would ever step foot in LA unless it was for an awesome store

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter

Last edited by marie73; 01-02-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I live in No Cal, but I was born in KS, raised in TX. I'm not familiar with Chino Hills...

so far I've found the people here to be friendly. Unfortunately, I'd have to drive about 20 miles to San Francisco to find the kind of pet store you're describing.
CJinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Well I'm glad to hear the people sound better from previous experiences I've had....

Guess what! *bounces for joy* I found a store in Anaheim which is 12 miles away that carries RadCat.... Looks like they carry a lot of the other all natural foods and brands too... Pet supply warehouse? Anyone been?

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You'll be close to me! I'm not too far from Chino/Chino Hills. When are you moving?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Cat

End of this month.... And look what I found! http://www.foundersvet.com/
A holistic veterinarian who supports raw feeding! I think I'm dreaming!!

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Cat

California is much different than what I expected. Well, at least SoCal. I visited in March with my boyfriend to check it out and we stayed in West LA (Culver City). I really liked the area but it was really expensive and the people were nice, but "stuck-up" for lack of a better word. I moved to West LA (Atwater Village) and couldn't be happier. I am close to Glendale, which is where I work and there are two awesome shopping malls and a ton of stuff to do.

Anaheim is a nice place. I used to know someone who lives in Anaheim Hills, which is a very affluent neighborhood.

Just to let you know, we are having some pretty chilly weather here right now. Of course, 40*F here is freezing. Back home in Indiana it was 9*F yesterday.

Hope you enjoy the palm trees and not seeing snow.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I think I will enjoy the palm trees.... I don't like the cold at all and I would much rather sweat than be cold. I know I'm going to enjoy the beach.... Last time I saw it was Virginia Beach and I loved it.... However I'm not gonna enjoy all the 6 packs running around lol I desperately need to get myself in shape...

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
I think I will enjoy the palm trees.... I don't like the cold at all and I would much rather sweat than be cold. I know I'm going to enjoy the beach.... Last time I saw it was Virginia Beach and I loved it.... However I'm not gonna enjoy all the 6 packs running around lol I desperately need to get myself in shape...

I was actually very nervous about that as well as I am not "in shape". I tried to diet in March before we came out here. Once on the beach I noticed that we are still in America, it's not like we jumped ship to Europe where obesity is not as common. (Although it is becoming more of a problem.) I would say not to worry. There were some good looking people on the beach, but for the most part, everyone was average. Nothing to worry about!