The Complaining Thread - 2013 - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tom Cat

My boyfriend gets to his car this morning and someone stole the spare tire off of the back. He drives a Jeep Liberty and we have lived here in LA for over 6 months with no problems.

Now he will have to pay about $500 for a new tire and rim.

Why are people so awful? Our neighborhood isn't even that bad.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I’m sorry to hear that, I just had my truck broken into myself but they didn’t get that much.

I have a video of 6 to 8 kids breaking into my truck. They came into the cul de sac and hit every car on the street. I only had some change and maybe a couple of dollar bills, but they made a mess. It happened at 7PM while my 2 adult daughters were in a bedroom right over the drive way and they never heard a thing.

My oldest daughter had her purse in the car and they were using their phone lights to see inside the cars. When they saw the purse all of them stopped what they were doing and rush to her car, but someone turned onto the street and frightened them away. I’m sure they came back but my daughter left a few minutes later without knowing anything.

I didn’t know until 4:30 AM the next day when I opened my door to go to work. I spent hours looking at my security cameras before discovering them in action. The kids were under 16 and did the whole neighborhood in about 5 min and then they were gone.

Last edited by marie73; 02-20-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Some people are just so rotten. I had someone come in the store today and steal a $15 bag of dog treats. She was at a rack near the door and my employee saw her dash out the door. By the time she got to the door and realized what happened the woman was already in her car and speeding away and she couldn't see the license plate.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Its getting crazy, did you ever see the video of a dog walking into a store and stealing dog treats. I saw it on the news but i think I'm going to see if its on YouTube

here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiCXLXcSTd4

Last edited by marie73; 02-20-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Back home, where I graduated from college, we have an event called "Little 500" which the movie "Breaking Away" is based off of. That whole week is basically a week of debauchery and drinking for the whole campus and last year someone busted my window, went through my car and didn't steal anything, because there wasn't anything to steal.

The repair costed me $400. People are so awful.

When they went through my car I felt so violated. I had pictures and personal items in there and they touched them. I still cannot shake that feeling of being violated.

Stealing from a pet store is the worst! I am sure if they would have asked, you would have given them samples. People are horrible.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Tom Cat

That same thing happened to my daughter when she was at her boyfriend’s apartment, what really upset her beside the cost of the window was that door was unlocked.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #37 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Hah, that video is amusing. That dog sure went far! My uncle's lab used to break out and make her way to a Home Depot where they served hot dogs outside. It was a fair journey.

The person stealing dog treats though... that's pretty bad, and the tire too. I'd be leery of putting one back on in fear that they'd just steal it again knowing that you're likely to replace it with a brand new one soon.

Along with the dogs Tara and Coco.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Tom Cat

We are hoping to get rid of my car (which is broken down in our parking garage) so we can move his car into the garage. Of course, him and his mom blame this on me and my car...

Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrawritsjordi View Post
Of course, him and his mom blame this on me and my car...
Oops!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #40 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Ugh with the stealing! That's wretched. Especially when you got blamed even though it couldn't possibly be construed as your fault in any logical way.

On an unrelated subject, I've got to complain again:

Looking at animal shelter listings when I'm not in a position to adopt is a bad, bad, bad, bad idea!

Normally I don't do it, but somehow I lost my mind and looked at kitties. Big mistake.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 7, adopted 2006,)
and Bentley (age 3, adopted 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread