The Complaining Thread - 2013 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default The Complaining Thread - 2013

Temp this morning -3 degrees....brrrrrrr! Sent Jake outside to pee twice this morning. Both times he ran out and turned right around and ran back in without going.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Ugh, human family rants! Cats families are SO much more better than human families sometimes, huh? And Doodlebug - I could not do what you do! I'd be charged with murder in short order. Some people can be SO ignorant and just too many people don't deserve to even have pets. Rant on Becky!! You are among family! =D
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

After three and half months of Star not chewing through any cords/cables, he did it again. HOWEVER, it was because David left his precious headphones on the floor and Star got to them. Rather than admit that he was at fault for leaving his headphones on the floor, David is livid and is blaming the cat. I normally make sure that there's nothing on the floor that Star can chew, and if there is, I pick it up and put it out of the way. Well, I went to sleep before David and he put his headphones on the floor. If I had known that, I would have made sure that they were put out of reach. And that's not the worst of it. We're divorced and I've been living here with him and the kids. I'm also unemployed. He's planning on moving in either June or July (yeah right) and told me that I have find another place to live. He also told that I need to take Star with me because he's not bringing Star with him when he moves. If Star is still here, then he's taking him to a shelter because of the cord/cable chewing. He refuses to buy anything that would deter Star from chewing on the cords/cables...be it some sort of cover for the cords/cables or a spray (like Bitter Apple) to spray on the cords. And the thing is, Star isn't an only cat. He has his mother, brother, and adopted kitty sister here with him. Star plays with his brother and sister. And I don't know where I'm going to be moving, let alone if I can even bring him with me. And if I can't, David will make good on his promise...knowing it will be a death sentence for Star since shelters will only keep him for a week, if that long, before euthanizing him because he's an older kitty (7 years old).

This is a picture of my sweet baby, Star.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

it;s raining like crazy and super windy here. I hate windy!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat

Lily jumped on my shoulder and was all purry and kissy, then I leaned down so that she would get off, I thought the was getting off but she didn't and proceeded to hold on to the bottom part of my ear. My ear is bleeding now.
Barnaby July ?, 1998-January 15th, 2012
Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Had the repairman in to look at my washer on Wednesday as it hasn't been draining properly. For about $500 I can replace the circuit board that controls the motor. Sigh, I might as well replace it as other replacement parts are hard to find since the washer is 8 years old. Luckily I can limp it along for a little while.

Good thing we have the Lowes credit card

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Spent $2000 fixing a wiring issue in my car back in November. Now three months later my heater core is dying, another $1400. We are trying to save some money to move in May but at this rate we won't have a penny saved cuz it's all going into repairs! So frustrated...
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

San Diego has horrible gas prices ($4.09), the average starter home is $450,000, and the traffic is horrible. The reason we put up with this? The beautiful, mild year-round temperatures.

Until this winter.

Golf course covered in snow this weekend

ice covered cars

frozen fountains

frozen sun roof (okay, this IS kind of cool looking)

We do normally get snow in the mountains and can go skiing, but it's not usually colder here, in the city, than the East Coast!!

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg

Last edited by marie73; 01-14-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
San Diego has horrible gas prices ($4.09), the average starter home is $450,000, and the traffic is horrible. The reason we put up with this? The beautiful, mild year-round temperatures.

Until this winter.

Golf course covered in snow this weekend

ice covered cars

frozen fountains

frozen sun roof (okay, this IS kind of cool looking)

We do normally get snow in the mountains and can go skiing, but it's not usually colder here, in the city, than the East Coast!!
Here on the east coast today it's 50 degrees!

Although it was 12 last week. You know what they say over here though- if you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a minute.

Lewis Black does a funny comedy skit about east coast weather and seeing 5 seasons in one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I moved here from New Hampshire (before that, Alaska). It's in the 40's right now. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BUT, I'd still much rather have it be too cold than too hot.

I love Lewis Black!

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread