Do you remember your other pets beside Cats/Dogs? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
Ive contemplated getting a couple mice again just for the cats to sit and watch for entertainment...
Is that a good idea? Your kitty may find it entertaining, but its nightmare for the mice, lol.. We have a few giant discuses that we bred and someone offered us a good price to have them to add into their arrowana tank. We refused to sell, because our discuses have never been exposed to such huge and fierce fish since birth, I'm sure they will be scared to death. So, no thanks, I will not subject my beloved discuses to such stress, lol.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Well I dont think the mice at Petco know what a cat is... They arnt wild so they probably have no idea what a predator is... Ive takin godzilla to petco a multitude of times and set him right in front of the mouse cage and he just sat and watched attentively. Mice didnt care at all... Went about their business. Though I will say I plan on a tank and not a bar cage... Safer for the mouse. I dont want kitties stickin their paws in and or the mouse nibbling on kitty feet.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter

Last edited by marie73; 01-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Oh yes, I've have two sets of rats, both times we got sisters, and even though they've only been with us for about 3 years each time, they just squirmed and chewed their ways into my heart. It hurts just as bad, but in a different way when those critters die because their time with us was so short!

I only have one girl left, her sister recently died, and she's starting to get rather thin, I think she is quite depressed :/
Jakiepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Well I dont think the mice at Petco know what a cat is... They arnt wild so they probably have no idea what a predator is... Ive takin godzilla to petco a multitude of times and set him right in front of the mouse cage and he just sat and watched attentively. Mice didnt care at all... Went about their business. Though I will say I plan on a tank and not a bar cage... Safer for the mouse. I dont want kitties stickin their paws in and or the mouse nibbling on kitty feet.
haha...then that's good if the mice didn't care at all and went about their own business. In my mind, mice and cats don't mix, lol. If you are gonna have all the precautions, then I'm sure there's no problem. Anyway, no offence for my comment, ya?
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Cat

None takin.... My betta fish didn't care about some wiley kitten starin at him constantly either but I loved watching Godzilla watch the fish.... More entertaining than reality tv sometimes haha and I'm sure mice scurrying around on a wheel would be twice as fun to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Cinnamon-guinea pig, Mr. Edwin P. BoJangles- rex mix rabbit, Lodi-guinea pig, Blue Raspberry-betta, Oscar-betta I remember them all
Apocrypha428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Petco allows cats?! I know where Sam is going next He loves his harness!

We had rats when Sam was a kitten- they do bite through the cage. Poor little man got a bloody paw out of the deal- no serious harm done luckily.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Oh yea!! "All leashed pets allowed" The employees in there knew me as the cat lady with the big orange fuzzy cat! They all couldn't believe a cat walking around petco like he knew the place he was such a **** to all the dogs in there trying to get close to him.... Strolling through without a care in the world tail high.... The dogs always went nuts...

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Schweet!!! Sam will love that! Maybe he can pick out his own toys :p
Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cat Addict

When I was a little kid, we had (amongst others) the biggest cat we've ever had (although Shadow ran him close) and goldfish. Outside, he was a real predator. Inside, he would drink from the tank and the fish got so used to him that they would swim right under his tongue and he never made even a feeble attempt to catch them. They eventually died and after quite a number of years we acquired another one (from a rag and bone man of all things) and he went straight back to the same habit - it took the fish about two months to adjust.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement