Thank you - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to me.

Marcia - Luckily with my insurance I don't have a deductable and everything is pretty much coming off her insurance since she is at fault... still waiting to hear back from the insurance company... one good thing about this is that my car was on it's last leg anyways and funnily enough was making horrible noises that morning. Haha.

October - Well it happened so quickly that I had no time to be scared (thats why I wasn't scared until I was sitting in my car after), and yes I thought the same thing "really?! This is how I am going to die?". If I think about death then yes I fear it, but like I said at the moment I thought it was going to happen I just accepted it in since as I said, theres nothing you can do at that moment.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm glad you're okay, sounds horrible!

My car was totalled last year, too. That seatbelt bruise is brutal, although mine looked 10 times worse than it felt. You can keep your claim with the other party's insurance company open for two years, and I'd advise you to consider that. The other party's insurance company will want you to settle right away, of course. Your shoulder/back/neck may act up months later.

ETA: Oops, just saw that you're in Canada, so I'm sure your laws are different....

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I am so glad to hear you are okay! Wrecks can be an awful experience. Definitely go to the Dr. I absolutely HATE it when the people who are at fault in a wreck give you the dirty look. It's like that Dane Cook joke "Why did you let me hit you?" Wreckless drivers are the worst. I miss my car, but I am kind of glad it is broken down. Riding a bike sucks, but I actually feel safer.

Good luck and feel better!

PS. From experience, Insurance Companies are the WORST. I work for a company that deals with lawyers and insurance companies. They do not want to pay for anything. Make sure you stay in contact with the witness and do not settle for anything less than what you deserve for your pain and suffering. You may want to go to a psychiatrist for your fear of driving. They can document it and you can use that as well if it has to go to court.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Thank you

Even if you feel mostly ok, go see a Dr.

That back pain that's "just the muscles" could get worse. You certainly don't want to sue someone just for the sake of it, but you also don't want to shortchange yourself.

I've also declined emergency assistance in a bad accident, and they used that against me later on to say I was faking my injuries. Better to get checked sooner rather than later!

I'm glad you're ok though, and even though she wasn't nice, I'm glad the other person was ok too. What a scary experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
rightsaidfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

I know all about insurance companies... It took me an hour of answering ridiculous questions. I have to look up what my car is worth and fight tooth and nail now because they are going to try and give me as little as possible for it. It's a stressful situation now and they don't make things easier. I don't think I need therapy for it but its gonna take a while to drive normal.... Ill be driving like a granny for a few months. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Glad to hear you're ok!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I am so glad you are ok! Take care and let us know how you are doing. I hope your neck, chest and back are going to feel better soon! hugs!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thank goodness for the outcome - hopefully there won't be any long term problems for you! Take care of yourself! Scary scary stuff!

Fran
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cat Addict

It's a breeze buying insurance, but a pain making claim. Hope everything turn out well for you physically and mentally.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Well they appraised my car today and needless to say, it is a total write off. The deployed air bags alone are worth more than the actual car, so they didn't even need assess the damage. LoL. I'm gonna have to fight them on price, that will be pain in the butt, but on the plus side I have been car shopping(online only so far) which is exciting.

I'm feeling a lot better mentally and physically. I'm mentally exhausted but it will go away in a few days. I kind of miss my old car as I didn't think this would be it's faite but looks like it'll work out in the end - car wise since I needed a new one soon anyways. If this had been a newer car though I would have been really mad.

Last edited by marie73; 01-17-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement