Thank you - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. A few years ago, a 16 yr old who'd had his permit for 3 days cut me off and totaled my car. I wasn't even hurt and it was a pretty upsetting experience, so I can't imagine how much more upsetting your experience has been. It's so mentally and emotionally stressful to be involved in an accident, and then you have the frustration of having to deal with insurance companies afterwards.

At any rate, thank goodness you're ok. You said you're going to see a doctor, right?
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I feel a lot better today(emotionally and physcally) but yes I have to call to make a dr appointment, I'm just waiting for the insurance forms since I haven't had to deal with this before I'm not sure all this works. On the down side, my old car is pretty much worth nothing because the mileage was so high(the car shouldn't have lasted me as long as it did) and it was 10 years old. It has been emotionally draining though because this all happend at a really bad time and I can't afford a new car but luckily I have a very nice dad who is going to help me out.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Now I am getting back lash from people about the accident and they are saying I almost died for nothing. The reason I was up in the boonies was for a second job interview that turned out to be something that I was totally misled about and shouldn't have driven that far to begin with. I agree, I regret it because I am not taking the job, I totalled my car and almost died because of it... but what can I do? Like I can't go back and erase the past. What's done is done... I am trying to recover and people keep telling me what a mistake it was. Do they think I don't know that? It was being at the wrong place at the wrong time and yes I shouldn't have even been there but like I said It's done so I don't need to hear it from people. It's making me feel worse again. *Sigh*
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

I'm so sorry about your accident. Good grief, it's not your fault you were in the wrong place at the wrong time...it's HER fault!!! & You shouldn't have to pay for anything- her insurance should. However, it's still a major hassle to have to buy a new car.

I know someone who was in a similar accident last weekend. (got t-boned at an intersection on the driver's side). Luckily their witness was a state trooper who was also stopped at the light that the person blew through.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
I'm so sorry about your accident. Good grief, it's not your fault you were in the wrong place at the wrong time...it's HER fault!!! & You shouldn't have to pay for anything- her insurance should. However, it's still a major hassle to have to buy a new car.

I know someone who was in a similar accident last weekend. (got t-boned at an intersection on the driver's side). Luckily their witness was a state trooper who was also stopped at the light that the person blew through.
That's lucky about the state trooper. Hopefully my insurance can get ahold of her(my witness) and I wrote the number down right... so much was going on at the time I couldn't focus. Well I don't have to pay for anything, as long as my insurance company can get a hold of hers... my insurance company is a pain in the neck to deal with. I hope that they don't spin it on me because technically I hit her(for speeding through a red light). I just can't wait until this nighmare is over.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
Now I am getting back lash from people about the accident and they are saying I almost died for nothing.
Wow, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day (and I work with attorneys!).

I was hit leaving Target, so I guess I should never shop there again.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
That's lucky about the state trooper. Hopefully my insurance can get ahold of her(my witness) and I wrote the number down right... so much was going on at the time I couldn't focus. Well I don't have to pay for anything, as long as my insurance company can get a hold of hers... my insurance company is a pain in the neck to deal with. I hope that they don't spin it on me because technically I hit her(for speeding through a red light). I just can't wait until this nighmare is over.
That is so silly. It is not your fault. No one can expect they will be in an accident. If people knew that, there wouldn't be accidents. Do they expect you to sit in your house all day?

I have two stories about accidents:

Last week my brother was hit going through an intersection when a lady ran a stop sign. The lady was uninsured, which means my brother will have to pay out for everything. A cop was at the stop sign the lady blew through and he didn't even give her a ticket AND he drove her home. She has no money, which means if my brother did take her to court, he would get nothing. The truck he was driving was BRAND NEW (2013). He just got it about a month ago because another lady totaled his old truck. (My brother is a magnet for accidents, never his fault.) Of course you have to have uninsured motorist insurance, but it isn't against the law to not have insurance? I was furious, and still am. But, everyone was okay, which is why I can be mad about this.

A few years ago I was in an accident. I was trying to pass a car (legally) and they didn't see me. They tried to get over to exit to the left and almost hit me, so I swerved, when I caught the edge of the road I over corrected and hit them in the driverside door. Everyone was fine, but my car was totalled and it was his fault. (I had several witnesses and I couldn't slam on my breaks because there was a car behind me). Luckily their insurance paid for it, but they didn't give me near as much for my car as I felt was needed, I ended up getting the first car I found for $5,000 (I threw in some of my own money) and it has been a nightmare ever since. Right now it is broken down and wont move. I have had problems with it since a few weeks after I got it. My dad was a mechanic for years and checked it out before we bought it, but there were underlying problems that the salesman knew about and didn't tell us. Be careful who you get a car from.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I work for a Court Reporting agency!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Over here it is definitely illegal to drive without insurance.

Given the nature of this accident, NOBODY should have a go at you - any looking for a second job is praiseworthy not deserving of blame!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrawritsjordi View Post
I ended up getting the first car I found for $5,000 (I threw in some of my own money) and it has been a nightmare ever since. Right now it is broken down and wont move. I have had problems with it since a few weeks after I got it. My dad was a mechanic for years and checked it out before we bought it, but there were underlying problems that the salesman knew about and didn't tell us. Be careful who you get a car from.

Ya it's illegal here to drive without insurance too. Hmmm if you don't mind me asking what year/car was that? I'm looking to spend 5-7k too so I am definitely being wary. I found a few ok cars so far but I don't trust smaller car places(where I'm looking).

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement