Thank you - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
Ya it's illegal here to drive without insurance too. Hmmm if you don't mind me asking what year/car was that? I'm looking to spend 5-7k too so I am definitely being wary. I found a few ok cars so far but I don't trust smaller car places(where I'm looking).

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
I see you are from Canada, and I am not too familiar with the cars there, but I would go with something American made or a Toyota or Honda. DO NOT buy a Volkswagen... Check the reviews and boards before buying. American made cars are easier to work on and the parts are much cheaper than something made in Germany or anywhere is Europe, really.

I have a 2001 VW Jetta and there are several other people I know with my car that have had problems. Unfortunately, the person that had it before me didn't take care of it, so it is in pretty bad shape, engine-wise.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
Now I am getting back lash from people about the accident and they are saying I almost died for nothing. The reason I was up in the boonies was for a second job interview that turned out to be something that I was totally misled about and shouldn't have driven that far to begin with. I agree, I regret it because I am not taking the job, I totalled my car and almost died because of it... but what can I do? Like I can't go back and erase the past. What's done is done... I am trying to recover and people keep telling me what a mistake it was. Do they think I don't know that? It was being at the wrong place at the wrong time and yes I shouldn't have even been there but like I said It's done so I don't need to hear it from people. It's making me feel worse again. *Sigh*
Try not to let them get to you and think about it this way: This might be their way of getting their heads wrapped around the fact that you nearly died. They're upset about what happened, but it's easier for them to express their emotions by being angry at you (because you caused them to be upset) than by thinking about what their emotions would be if you hadn't survived.

I really don't think I'm making this up. My mother routinely reacts to scary news about her children this way. When I had my accident, she was mad at me for leaving work after dark. -Um, I have to work, and it gets dark really early in the winter in upstate NY.

It's like being blindsided when those close to you aren't giving you any of the emotional support that you need and expect from them. But their reactions actually seem to show that they care about you a lot - it's just not being expressed in the way you'd think it would be. I wouldn't be surprised if, once they have a few more days to get over the shock of what happened, they become really concerned about how you're doing and direct their anger towards the right person.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrawritsjordi View Post
I have a 2001 VW Jetta and there are several other people I know with my car that have had problems. Unfortunately, the person that had it before me didn't take care of it, so it is in pretty bad shape, engine-wise.
Omg I was looking at Jetta's too... I seriously wanted one, but I read the same bad things that you say. I test drove a few cars today and the Nissan sentra really stood out. It's a 2008, it's a bit more then I wanted to pay but it drive amazingly and everyone says good things. I'm gonna wait a week, get insurance quotes ect and I may end up getting it if I don't find anything better but I really like it.

3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Nissans are pretty good. Definitely check out how much general repair and maintenance costs on any car and stay away from Jettas.

Last edited by marie73; 01-20-2013 at 01:39 AM.
grrawritsjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Glad you're okay. Things can be replaced (albeit cars are more of a hassle/expensive) but you can never be replaced. Good luck finding a vehicle. Stay far far away from Dodge Journeys, especially 2009 & 2010 models. Apparently the problems were fixed in 2011....but mine is a 2009, lots of issues lol. My next car will be a Toyota.
Cats&Plants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

Thanks guys, it's good too know. My totalled car was a Kia so pretty much anything I test drive has more power than that. Lol. I know, you have to watch with every car so I've been researching. Heard great things about the Nissan. What I really wanted was a Mazda 3 but even the older ones are ridiculously expensive for what you get and the mileage. I'll keep looking this week but if all goes well ill go back to that lot at the end of the week. Hopefully it's still there, it's just a little lot but the guy running the place isn't very friendly so I doubt my dad can talk him down much.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

Well I went back to the dealer this evening and I am officially picking up the car on Friday. Very excited.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement