Thank you - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

Yesterday I almost went to the rainbow bridge. It was the more terrifying experience in my life. Long story short, I got into a bad car accident and my car was totalled. A lady sped through a full out red light out of no where as I was entering an intersection, I was already partially through and slammed my breaks and swerved but it was too late. The front of my car is completely smushed in... she got away with just her bumper taken off... figures. Anyways, the air bags deployed and I hurt my chest on it... my back and neck are killing but it's just the muscles. The lady didn't even have the decency to ask if I was ok... she just stood there staring at me. After impact I spund 3-4 times and smoke was pouring in my car. I thought I was going to die, but I wasn't scared. I figured that I couldn't control it so I had to embrace it. It went so fast. Luckily there are still nice people in the world and people stopped to help, one was a nurse and one was a witness and gave me her contact info. The paramedics and police kept telling me how lucky I was... they said I should have been hurt a lot worse than I was. I was able to walk away from it... I am sore and shaken up but at least I am not dead. The said the seat belt saved my life and the air bag lessened my injuries by a lot.

I just wanted to say I am thankful to you guys for all the support here, cat related or not. Although we may disagree sometimes, most people here are very understanding. In the words of Ellen "Be kind to one another", you truly don't know what day will be your last.

P.S. the lady got charged with reckless driving
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I am so glad you are alright!! I'm sure you're going to be sore as heck for awhile - not to mention the psychological pain. I had a friend that was in a terrible accident - hospital and all - and he was terrified of driving through intersections after that for the longest time. PTSD. If you can stand it maybe you could consider calling HER and asking how she is doing. Just a thought - - a lawyer might advise against it.

Don't blame the woman too much for not asking if you were ok, she was probably in shock herself. I know this is difficult, but mistakes happen and sometimes we are the windshield and sometimes we are the bug! But for the grace of God go I. I am glad you are still here though, and not scampering around with our beloved pets in heaven!!!

Last edited by Marcia; 01-17-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Thank you

Thanks so much, yes I couldn't sleep at all... Because of the soreness but mostly the psychological aspect. I'm terrified to drive now, I have a rental until my car is written off but I a, terrified to drive it now. I really don't want to contact the woman, she kept giving me dirty looks even though you are right she was probably in shock too. I have a feeling they are going to try and fight it and spin it on me. Her husband was taking a million pictures of my car. It looks bad because my front was smushed in and am the one that hit her but she's the one that sped through a red light. I'm pretty sure she admitted guilt to the police already though because I kept trying to give the cops the witnesses info and they didn't seem too concerned about it. Everyone said I wasn't at fault, thank goodness. I've never had something happened to me like this and I am still traumatized and in disbelief. Not sure how to get over it. I probably should have went to the hospital but I was in such shock I said no. I'm ok just very stiff and sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You should still go just to be safe. Once the shock wears off, you'll probably be in more pain. That's what happened with my ex-husband while we were dating. He was in the same type of accident as you. But being male, he didn't go to the doctor. Thought he didn't really need to. Luckily he was alright, but he was in pain for the longest.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Well I have to go to the dr anyways, I am going to make an appointment today but I have to wait for the insurance forms to come in, they want the dr to till out some papers, I guess just stating that I'm not injured. Just my back and neck muscles really hurt, hopefully they will suggest getting a massage, then it would be covered.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
Well I have to go to the dr anyways, I am going to make an appointment today but I have to wait for the insurance forms to come in, they want the dr to till out some papers, I guess just stating that I'm not injured. Just my back and neck muscles really hurt, hopefully they will suggest getting a massage, then it would be covered.

Good idea about going to the doctors. I have one of those faces that is drooping as I get older. He is always asking me if something is wrong and I am always telling him I'm quite happy, thank you! I just have one of those faces. Try not to read too much into her face! Shock can run the gambit of emotions, but I understand your point. I'm sure it will all be a bad memory in a no time. I almost got T -boned once and I just about wet my pants. I would have been dead I'm sure if I had not sped up just a fraction (I happened to see it coming). Thank God there was not a stopped car in front of me! Anyways, I know how frightening a bad wreck can be. You'll be looking very carefully for the other guy from here on out! I think I would take her to court just to be able to recoup my deductible!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thank God you are alright - this sounds horrific.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
I thought I was going to die, but I wasn't scared. I figured that I couldn't control it so I had to embrace it.
I'm so glad you're okay! This really interests me because my sister and brother-in-law said the same thing when they had near-death experiences . . . that they weren't scared. They just thought to themselves, "Ahh, so this is how it's going to happen." I find that fascinating and can only hope that's how it goes for everyone.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I'm glad you're ok. You've been a great companion on these forums.

Take care of yourself, and hopefully you'll feel better soon.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
I'm so glad you're okay! This really interests me because my sister and brother-in-law said the same thing when they had near-death experiences . . . that they weren't scared. They just thought to themselves, "Ahh, so this is how it's going to happen." I find that fascinating and can only hope that's how it goes for everyone.
That happened to my mom too. She had a heart attack and afterwards she said would never fear death because she knew where she was going. She was always at peace with the thought of death after that. She died in 1980 and I like to think she is were she saw herself many years before that.
Advertisement