The Complaining Thread - 2016 - Page 10 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I would look at it this way (after giving hubby the silent treatment for 130 hours), they took home two bonded kittens, the single one won't be alone now, and since you're fostering, you'll get more and there's a new kitty in your future.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...ignature2.html
http://www.catforum.com/forum/50-ove...inderella.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Cat

My neighbors got a puppy and I'm forced to listen to the crying or leave my apartment. From what I've been told, the puppy may be crying so much because he/she was taken from their mother too soon. I'm waiting for them to get home so I can talk to them about it, but I don't like having to decide between studying and blasting loud music to drown out the puppy. I cannot read my assigned chapter in the textbook, and may end up having to do my studying elsewhere. I'm about to call my worker if this continues because I shouldn't be forced to leave my apartment just to do something I can do at home.
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

Crying doesn't necessarily mean it was taken too early. They cry when they are little and left alone regardless of how early they were weaned. There are ways to sooth them. A fuzzy safe teddy to cuddle with. A ticking clock to emulate mom's hearbeat. A radio playing on a soothing station to keep them company.

Instead of being angry how about volunteering to pop in and take puppy for a walk a few times a day. It would be fun and relaxing for you and would do the pup a world of good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:09 AM
Cat

I considered it, but when I went up there to ask them to bring the dog in the for night so I could sleep, he said the dog will be gone tomorrow. I guess they realized they couldn't make the time. The dog was crying for six hours on the balcony. Oh, and the dog is back outside less than an hour after I asked them. I'm not going to be able to sleep I really don't want to get the cops involved, but I went up there because it was after 10:00 which is when noise cannot be disruptive. Come on, people need to sleep. I guess I'm the only one around the building that can hear the puppy crying. Sadly, I know that my body doesn't have the capability of tuning out sounds. I cannot sleep right now. Well, at least I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 01:14 AM
Premier Cat

Still alive, but having a tough time

Hey everyone.

I wanted to drop in and just say hi. I haven't been here much recently, I've been busy with work and my business but really it's down to having a rough time with the current fosters.

We got tiny Coco (4.5 lbs ish when we got her) still pregnant in October. She had her kittens on October 6th and it's been tough since then. After a bunch if vet visits, meds, extra feedings and stress we've lost two of her 3 kittens to heart failure.

Chole at 3 weeks old and Celine at 4 weeks old. They're the first two kittens I've lost and it's taken a toll even if there's absolutely nothing I could have done.

Connor (who may be either male or female, we're still stumped) is eating canned food and doing well.

I've just been...sad and overwhelmed mostly.

So, I'm still alive, and I'll be on more often at some point. For now I'll probably just lurk when I am on.

Becky and the cats: Jitzu (11), Torri (9), Doran (8 ), and Muffin (8 )
The boys at 8 - not lol
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Cat Addict

I am so sorry for your distress. We don't really have control over life and death.
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 03:09 AM
Cat

My roommate thinks the flowers will be safe from the cats. Well, maybe the kitten cannot figure out how to knock over the DVD stand to get to them, but I've had to pull Belle away from it five times since she put them on top of it. Now I have to keep Belle locked up in my bedroom when I cannot supervise her the until those flowers are dead. I don't even know what kind of flowers they are, my roommate's friend received them and didn't want to keep them so she just left them at our place. Even my roommate knows at least some of these are toxic to cats. I just cannot believe I'm stuck doing this because of some stupid flowers. I guess the flowers are more important than the safety of the cats. There is no safe place for those flowers except inside a closet. I put them there Sunday night because my roommate wasn't coming home yet and I was flipping out because I had a final Monday and then was trying to figure out how to keep the cats safe since I was going to bed. I hope they'll die fast, because I want them gone so I don't have to keep worrying about Belle when I cannot watch her.

Last edited by marie73; 12-14-2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: language
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

So figure out what kind of flowers they are and look them up to see if they're poisonous. If not, then they're fine. If yes, then throw them away and if your roommate has a problem with that...too bad.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Premier Cat

Or just throw them away before they die....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page