Bye Dad - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Bye Dad

I have nowhere to vent..Nowhere to write..So I write here

Dads been slowly dying from liver cancer for the last 5 years, according to doctors he should have died 5 years ago...I could never really accept it, it was just day to day, years to years, he was never going to die in my head..

I brought Allie home last year and 3 months later when I showed him baby Olivers picture and told him im getting another persian kitten he thought I was turning into my aunty(crazy cat lady)..

Well he sure went bonkers for Oliver, he used to visit my dad all the way until the machines turned on...Oxygen machine made a lot of noise and soon after Oliver would not visit him in bed...

I watched my dad die last tuesday at 5 am, I was already awake at 4am listening to him breathe from my room...Since hes been gone the 2 cats/kittens have been constantly in his room at night...I think they know hes gone..

I just lost Smokey just last year which truly introduced me to what the definition of grief was..I took his death very roughly, more so then what should be normal which in turn is helping me a lot now.

Dad was a motorbike fanatic from harleys to yamahas it was his life...I was working outside his window the other day on my plants and was only thinking about my plant..My heart suddenly jumped when my sensces alerted me to a quiet room. I guess for so many years I always heard noises from the window now nothing but silence...

I am glad I have Allie and Oliver, it truley makes a world of differance..Everyone goes through this experience..Life and Death and the world keeps on spinning not stopping for anybody

Bye Dad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Cool Cat

Tears. What a wonderful picture of your dad. He looks like a nice person, and gentle too. Funny how often motorcycle people are like that, we think of them as rough and tough, but there's another side. I have a friend who nursed his wife through cancer and she said he was a saint. He was a biker too.

Much sympathy on your loss. I hope he has little furry friends to greet him on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Cool Cat

Burt,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Cat Addict

So sorry for you - glad you have your furry friends to help but grief is a slow process. god bless you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:56 AM
Premier Cat

I am so sorry for your loss. Great picture of your Dad and his furry friend. I am glad you have your kitties, they are great comfort.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
Cat Addict

I'm sorry, Burt.

Jeff with the girls, Penny & Nala
RIP Simon, my friend
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Premier Cat

Iyasu, Burt.

Aloha a menememe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page