Cat Forum banner

My Lovely Cinderella

14K views 106 replies 59 participants last post by  Mitts & Tess 
#1 ·
We sat in the garden for a couple of hours on an old-fashioned porch swing in a soft, cuddly comforter. Finally, she was my lap cat. I told Cinderella how much she changed my life, and thanked her for bringing Cleo and Cali and Charlee into my life, and letting them into hers. I told her to look for Mz Tess, Blueberry, Precious, October, Taz, Tucker, Oreo, Little One, Buzzy, Onxy, Callie May, and so many others, and even a dog named Benji that she might like.

Cinderella loved being out in that garden and looking all around, but she never tried to get down and explore. She was simply too tired.

I'll miss her beautiful crossed paws.

But most of all, kissing her gentle little face, her soft fur, how sweet she smelled, and her lovely blue eyes.

My heart is broken into pieces, but my little girls are gathering them up for me.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dear little Cinderella has no more pain, and she went to God in the arms of love. She is now surrounded by perfect peace and His boundless love. You are so very brave, Marie.

What a wonderful gift she was to you, and what a blessing you were for each other. She was one of God's most beautiful little creations. My tears join with yours. God love you and grant you the peace that passes all understanding.

#4 ·
Re: Cinderella (2002-2010) My little angel

I truly hope you will find some comfort in the fact that you were the best thing that happened in the life of your dear Cinderella . She was and will be loved forever.

We'll keep you and your girls in our toughts. :patback
Patch and Treize send a lot of purrs to you.

#5 ·
Cinderella was a beautiful cat and it was/is so clear how much she meant to you. She is a very lucky kitty to have passed in such a peaceful and wonderful place with the one she loved the most. There are lots of wonderful kitties at The Bridge (I have one up there!) so I am sure she will be able to have lots of diva moments with them while she awaits your arrival.

:angel

-BP + ET + Lacey + Cory (at The Bridge)

#7 ·
I don't even know what to say other than....

I think we've all lost a family member today. She'll always be with you in your heart.

#8 ·

Oh, Marie....my heart is aching for you right now. This all came on so so quickly, didn't it. But for that, at least we know miss Cinderella wasn't in enduring pain.

Hang in there, Marie. We are all thinking of you and your babies. :patback

#9 ·
Just happened all too quick.

Cinderella was so lucky to have you, Marie, and her friends Cleo and the twins. It'll get a little easier with time but I know it can't be easy right now. Just know Cinderella is very much at peace and looking down upon you. She's waiting for you at the bridge. Ollie is keeping an eye on her and he's being very nice to her. :)

:patback Will be thinking of you...

#12 ·

Marie, I'm so sorry for your loss. We've all been there before, and it doesn't make it easier. But it was VERY obvious how much love you had for your baby girl. Everyone here is there for you, and we always know how much our furr-babies mean to us.

'Chelle

P.S. Like everyone else said, if you which to talk about her we all would be more than happy to hear stories. :patback

#13 ·
Oh NO!! I knew I would eventually see this post, I didn't think it would be so soon. I had to leave this section and come back because I was hoping it was a mistake.

Marie, my heart is breaking into a million pieces for you. Cinderella was such a beautiful girl. You can tell she was well loved by looking at the pictures you've posted of her through the years.

She has lots of good company at the Bridge, including my two calico twins, Spuddie and Munchie. I'm sure she'll be fine, since she had Cali and Charlee to practice with. My two angels should be a breeze. :)

doodlebug said:
I don't even know what to say other than....

I think we've all lost a family member today. She'll always be with you in your heart.
And I think Lisa summed it up the best. We have lost a family member.

#17 ·

[[[ Hugs to you, Cleo and the twins!!! ]]]

I am so stricken to hear your news, but I am also moved - almost awed - to hear that you were able to give Cinderella such a peaceful crossing over, in a beautiful outdoor setting in the arms of her most favorite person in her life...

I am sure she will visit you often in spirit, and you will see her again over the bridge...

Fran

#20 ·
Marie,

What a beautiful kitty she was! A lovely companion, teacher and sweet soul.

With deepest sympathy,

Fran

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

From Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850:

#23 ·

Thank you all so much. It really helps reading all your warm messages. I cried myself to sleep this afternoon and woke up with my three girls on the bed with me.

When I woke up this morning, Cinderella was on my pillow wrapped around my head, which is not normal for her. Even when the alarm went off, she didn't jump down. I never did fall back asleep, because I knew it might be our last morning together, I just petted her and enjoyed the closeness.

While sitting out in the garden with her, it was a wonderful couple of hours. She even stretched out on me with her paws around my neck. But I kept thinking, I have my purse and keys with me, I could just take her and run to the car and go home. I couldn't imagine not having her in my life anymore, not coming home to that beautiful face and having her jump on the bed waiting for her brushes. Monday's going to be hard when I come home from work.

I have to share with you the most absurd thing that happened today. After Cinderella was taken away, and I was sobbing my heart out in the garden, the vet and Linda came out to check on me. They told me they could bring Cinderella back out if I wanted to spend more time with her. I told them I would be okay, but could they please put a blanket over her.

Next thing I knew, they were bringing her back out to me, wrapped in a blanket! I didn't know whether to laugh or scream or cry!! I didn't want them to bring her out again, I just wanted her to be warm, which I know doesn't make sense, she was already gone.

I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or make them feel bad for bringing her back out, so I sat with her for a few minutes.

#26 ·
I am teary eyed also, she was loved so much and she will continue to be loved where she is now.

Along the shore I spy a ship
As she sets out to sea;
She spreads her sails and sniffs the breeze
And slips away from me.

I watch her fading image shrink,
As she moves on and on,
Until at last she's but a speck,
Then someone says, "She's gone."

Gone where? Gone only from our sight
And from our farewell cries;
That ship will somewhere reappear
To other eager eyes.

Beyond the dim horizon's rim
Resound the welcome drums,
And while we're crying, "There she goes!"
They're shouting, "Here she comes!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.