Bye-bye baby, it's been a sweet love - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cat Addict

That won't stop completely - I can still cry over darlings that died decades ago and still miss them - but it has never diminished my love for those I have now.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
That won't stop completely - I can still cry over darlings that died decades ago and still miss them - but it has never diminished my love for those I have now.
^^This.^^

My Smokey has been gone for 22 months and I still cry over him. But the love I had for him will never diminish the love I have for my babies that were there before him (Midnight, Star and Lucky) and the baby after him (Momo).
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
^^This.^^

My Smokey has been gone for 22 months and I still cry over him. But the love I had for him will never diminish the love I have for my babies that were there before him (Midnight, Star and Lucky) and the baby after him (Momo).
I know what you mean. I have a male cat (Colonel Mustard) and having him to love has really helped me through losing Miss Stink.

~Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine~

Wicked_Felina10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I lost my old guy recently and he too had those days of seeming better, but in the end, his illness won and sometimes you can just tell they're so tired. Still, we never are really ready for that hole that is left when they go. So very sorry for your loss.
blondiegrl211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I am so sorry. She will be remembered and treasured forever. You gave her the best life, but now it's time to let go. Hope you feel better.
Purring_Kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #26 (permalink)
Kitten

Your words truly capture the feelings you have for your lovely kitty. Peace be with you. XX
catztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thank you all for your kind words. It is so hard to believe that it's almost been 2 months. There is always an ache in my heart for her, but sometimes, especially when I lay down for the night, I miss her so badly. She was my perfect, precious little angel, and she can never be replaced.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Believe me, there is no such thing as a replacement but there is a new love waiting for you - an individual who will touch your heart chords.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Arianwen is correct; there is never a replacement for an old friend who is gone: but there is a new friend out there waiting for you to find them and take them home and build a new and wonderful relationship. Each and every cat we meet is one of a kind, from their genetics to their experiences to their own unique physiology, never to exist again on this earth once they are gone; it is one reason why I have so many cats. Each and every one of them is an individual and I rejoice at having so many special individuals in my life all at one time.

Your grieving is still very new at only two months along; it takes quite a while for us to stop hurting so acutely for our special friends: but we never stop hurting completely, we just get used to them not being there and hurt less. I still hurt for every cat I have ever had and a little more for those really special ones. It is a small price to pay for having them in my life and for the love they showed me and accepted from me.

Hang in there. It won't hurt as badly some day; and you will be able to smile instead of cry when you think of them. And there is probably another cat waiting for you to be ready to love them as well. Time does, indeed, heal all wounds.
LaurulFeatherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thank you so much for your kind words, Arianwen and LaurulFeatherCat. I have always had a deep love for cats, and I think it's because of what you said LaurulFeatherCat... they all are such special individuals with individual personalities. My Miss Stink definitely had a huge personality!

While it is better than it was, I still have my weak moments, of course. Today, I randomly thought of the way she would snuggle under the blanket up against my belly and I completely lost it and broke down. While my friends feel bad for me, I don't think they fully understand why this has affected me so much. I lost my child, my baby girl. I am glad that there are others out there who understand and can empathize with me on this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement