Good bye my darling - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Default Good bye my darling

ok so two weeks have passed now that Munchkin has passed away. I thought this would get easier as time has gone by and now that my times occupied with Izzy and my new kitten Stone, but it hasnt. I still walk by her favorite sleeping spot expecting her to look up and meow at me. I walk in my door after going to town waiting to hear her great me home and all I hear is silence. My husband is very understanding of me being sad so he doesnt bring Munchkin up much because I end up crying all over again. My dad isnt so nice, he asked me why I got Stone and said all that was going to happen was he was going to die too just like Munchkin. He isnt a nice guy so I avoid him lately.

I miss her. but I know she is in a place that there is no pain. I guess only cat lovers understand how much it hurt to lose our feline pals.

Rest in Peace my darling Munchkin, Mommy will always love you.
mstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I really feel for you. Over a year after she died (and with six cats in the house) I still sometimes find myself looking for Trixie.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I grieved for a year after Sam passed. Think of a broken heart like you would a broken arm. It just takes time to heal. Put a glass of wine or two in me and I become a slobbering idiot when I talk of him or even Annie who passed well over a decade ago. Our cats become so much a part of our lives that the memory of them can be overwhelming at times. Give yourself time and and space to grieve. It's really ok, and we understand.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat

It's OK to grieve. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to have more good days than bad. We understand the grief can be overwhelming and we're here if you need to talk about Munchkin.
orrymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

It's been just over two years since we lost our sweet boy, Smokey, to FIV/FeLV and I still get choked up thinking about him. When you were last here, I was known as my3kitties, but when we got Smokey, I was able to change my screen name to my4kitties
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Healing can take time. It's different for everyone.

Casie died two years ago and some nights I still find myself crying because she's gone. I keep her ashes on a shelf above my bed, have a box of her things, sleep with her blanket, and I still say good night to her and say how much I miss her every night.

Don't be ashamed to still be upset. I was a wreck for weeks, even after getting Cherry.

I found that the best thing to do was talk about the memories I had of Casie. You don't even have to talk to a person about it! I'm sure I told Cherry all about her.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

Two weeks is no time at all. You can have the flu for longer than that. As everybody else has said, it takes a year or more. I mean, there are people that think of cats as "things" or objects they own, and they get over it quickly. But for those of us who cherish our cats & would do anything for them, losing them is like losing... well, everything.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Munchkin looked like a super cute cat, and I can see he meant a lot to you. I'm not a religious person, but I like to think of them as either jumping around in a land of wheatgrass & treats or being reincarnated into a ferocious tiger (think: the Velveteen Rabbit)

I hope Izzy & Stone snuggle up extra close & soak up your tears. Crying is a good thing. It's completely natural, a mechanism of coping. Let it out.
CalyxTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Yea she was an awesome cat. My husband and I were talking and figured she was more like a dog lol. She would meow when we got home and greet us at the door, meow when guests drove up, loved sitting on your lap.
mstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

Yeah that's how my current kitty is - runs to the door when he hears me unlocking it, howls to greet me (he's a Siamese so he's pretty vocal & can carry a note for a good 10 seconds - it's hilarious).

It'll be hard not to miss such a social & loving kitty. I love Munchin's pink nose too.
CalyxTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premier Cat

mstx, it will get easier, but it will also take time. Don't let your dad or anyone else who doesn't understand how we can consider our kitties to be family members upset you. You'll get plenty of support here. We all understand how devastating it is to lose a fur child.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement