My Cat Died... (2) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Unhappy My Cat Died... (2)

I thought I would never have to post this topic again, considering the last time I had to on the sad occasion that my cat, Dylan, died in May 2015. The topic in question can be found here:

My cat died

Arguably, this death is much more painful for the reasons I will highlight. Our eldest, Troy, who was 14 in July, was struck by a car yesterday evening at around 4:30 pm. It was a complete shock, not least because he had always been wary of roads - he was the last cat I would have expected this to happen to. He had seen another cat however and as he was rather territorial, decided to chase it away. This led to him running out in the road, and being struck by a car. The driver of the car stopped and got out, and said that he was very sorry for what had happened. Apparently he was dead pretty quickly.

We got him in July 2003, when I was just 9 years of age and we had seen each other through our formative years. I miss him terribly. He had seemed fine until recently, although he seemed to have slowed down a bit in his senior years. Him running out in the road like that seems completely out of character for him, but perhaps I contribute this to his older age and perhaps not being 'on the ball' as he used to be. I had not seem him at all that day, as I had a meeting that afternoon at 3 pm. I had decided to get a train in, rather than drive, as I had injured my hand, however I was delayed getting the train home by about half-an-hour. If I had of driven, I could have arrived at home about half-an-hour earlier, possibly at the time in which the incident occurred. My arrival maybe could have even prevented it - but sadly, now, we will never know. He will be missed by many.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00162.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	113025  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Cool Cat

I am so sorry to read this. For many years I lost cats to The Road. It's always a shock. We didn't even live within sight of the road!

Troy was a beautiful cat. Much sympathy to you and your family.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Kitten

Sorry to hear about Dylanů.these fur kids are always remembered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Cool Cat

i'm so sorry for what happened. Troy looks like such a sweet boy. he had a good life with you you can be certain.

Maggie
Kitty, Lucy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 05:57 PM
Cat

Sorry for your loss. What a cutie - that mustache!

I see people zooming down our street and with all the strays I care for, I cringe. I yell to slow down and shake my fist like the old grandma of the street. If I had my way there would be big signs that say "SLOW DOWN WE LOVE OUR PETS!"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Kitten

Poor Troy, he looks so sweet. At least you know what happened to him, I think the worst thing is when they just disappear one day and you don't know what happened.
Lot's of love for Troy, he'll be remembered. <3

-My_Cat_Smudge

Last edited by marie73; 03-27-2017 at 08:08 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Kitten

I am deeply sorry for your loss.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Kitten

So sorry!

I am so sorry to hear this he was very cute! At least you got the time you did have with him and he knew he was loved. My thoughts are with you.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:27 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry about Troy. Try not to wonder about whether your coming home earlier would have changed anything. You'll drive yourself crazy. And if he ran out into the street to chase away another cat, it's really unlikely that you could have stopped him.

He looks like an absolute sweetheart. Hugs to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page