Apparently 15 years means nothing - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cat

As awful as that is, at least she's making some sort of effort to find a home for Whiskers. I got my cat Cal because his owners moved and just left him behind at their old apartment complex.

In both cases, I can't fathom how anyone could do that. When you take an animal home, you are consenting to being responsible for its well-being for its entire life. It's no different from having a human child in that respect. I mean, sometimes things happen and it becomes in the best interest of both you AND the cat to find another home for the cat, but most people only care about THEIR interests and seem to have no problem throwing away a pet they've had for years just because they can't be bothered to consider what's truly best for the cat. It really breaks my heart.
jawramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Thank you for saving this old soul. This is awful and unfortunately it's not uncommon. There's someone on my fb right now wanting to get rid of her 2 year old cat she got 6 months ago and who has been through 4 homes already for no reason at all. One of my neighbours had an indoor/outdoor cat that we met the day we moved in here(this past summer)
. Basically he became a ft outdoor cat because the dad didn't want him and the daughter went back to college and was never home. They stopped feeding/caring for him so I ended up taking him to a non kill shelter. It broke my heart and I didn't want to but one of my three cats sites male cats and attacked him bad and he was very very aggressive after that incident so had to get him out of the house ASAP. My one cat was on edge for a month after.

P.s. we tried talking to the neighbours but they refused to answer the door so we wrote a note and they didn't respond. People like that make me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Felina10 View Post
@my4kitties - Funny you should say that, because Whiskers resembles Miss Stink in a way.

My husband doesn't think we should take her because she is old and he doesn't want to see me have to go through what I went through with Stink again. I told him that I am not going to put my comfort over Whisker's life. Thankfully, he supports whatever decision I make.
I understand your husband's concern. I adopt old cats with similiar circumstances and my husband used to feel the same way. I know it's heartbreaking when someone dies so soon after adopting, but tell him it's not about you, it's about the cat. If not you, who??? You will be hard pressed to find someone willing to take in a 15 year old cat and you sound like you have the heart to do it. It would be very hard for me and my opinionated mouth to not give this woman a real tongue lashing on her way out the door, though....
Advertisement