Write up for shelter cats - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Oh Marcia that is such wonderful news about Cindy!!!!!! It made my morning.

I did our Petfinder with a friend for all our cats and it was a struggle for us to come up with cute, positive interesting write ups. Its not my forte! You have such a wonderful gift for doing write ups. They make such a difference.

I did better taking the photos. I had to go onto sites like Best Friends to glean buzz words that made a write up interesting. It was HARD!!! I'm so impressed with what you've been able to create and the results are impressive.

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Meet Phantom

Attachment 42978

My name is Phantom because I'm grey and white, and just look at how beautiful my eyes are. My owners gave me up after 7 years of living with them and I just can't understand it. I've been here since November and frankly I'm really, really sad to not to have my people anymore. I'm normally a happy, sweet boy, but lately, as the weeks drag on I've just wanted to sit in a corner of my cage; I don't even want to come out to play anymore. It's hard to be forgotten by those you loved so much.

I would love nothing more than a new family to call my own. Someone to show me that people are good; someone to care about me again. I'm very quiet, I don't take up much room and I just want a quiet place with nice people to call home again. I even come with my very own litter box because I like the scoopable litter they use in it. (Don't worry it's a common everyday scoopable litter you can buy anywhere, it's just different from what the shelter normally uses).

I can come home with you today. My heart is broken, so it may take a bit of time before I can trust again. I want to make sure you won't also toss me out. Please be patient with me and give me some time to adjust and I promise I will be your loving companion for life.

Last edited by marie73; 08-02-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Meet Fluffly

Attachment 42986

Oh, my goodness! Would you just look at my nose and that cute grey spot on it!! It’s just calling out for a kiss, isn’t it??! I’m an adorable grey tabby with some white on me and absolutely stunning green eyes! I used to belong to a family with kids and they named me Fluffy. You could call me anything you’d like once you and I become a family! I’m the complete package! I love everyone: kids, other cats and even dogs (if I must). Really, I’m just a lover and I want to be part of a loving family again.
Here’s my promise: I promise to always be there when you get home (if you keep me safely indoors that is!), I promise to be patient with you through life’s thick and thins, I promise to be eternally grateful for the forever home you give me! Shelter life is no life for a cute bundle of love like me.
Lucky you, I can go home with you today! I’m already fixed! My adoption fee is only $25 and that includes any shots I may need, a microchip and the city registration and ME! Such a deal!!, that’s less than a good meal out and you get a lifetime of lovin’!

Last edited by marie73; 08-02-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

These are wonderful write ups and seem to really capture the personality of the cats! Phantom breaks my heart. I would adopt him in an instant (well, all of them really, but he really tugged at my heart strings).
Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Thanks calypsocoin! The write up worked! A wonderful woman from a nearby town came in and adopted him. She said he just spoke to her heart through the Craigslist ad. I have about 20 posted now on CL and I know people are coming in because of them. I am even meeting a woman today at 1PM that contacted me and wants to see Bagheera - my panther look alike buddy. He's one of my favorites there but has not been given much of a chance because he nip his disapproval but he's been putty in my hands.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Kitten with mittens

He was adopted almost immediately after this and I didn't keep the photo - he was a tuxedo:

I’m a cute little kitten with my own set of set of mittens, but I got lost and couldn’t find my way!
Six months old I heard them say, so very young to be away, but away I was and brought here as a stray!
They cleaned, they combed and I’m feeling okay; I’m safe and warm and out of the fray.
They gave me food and water and a name today, a nice cozy bed and some time to play.
I miss my people, but they never came, so maybe you can find a way to visit and your heart I will sway!
I’m super cute and loveable, so very cozy and fluff-able; and I sure hope with you I can stay!
A permanent home is what I pray, come in and see me and don’t delay, cuz’ I know for us this will be a happy day!!

Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Mitts and Tess, thanks for the kind words. I enjoy it, it's not difficult for me at all and very enjoyable. The animals take on human qualities when written in first person and I really relate to them.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Meet Gretchen

Attachment 44641

Attachment 44649

I’m Gretchen, and frankly I’ve seen kinder days. I am an adult, more than 2 but less than 7 years old. It’s hard to age me at this point. I was a stray that was brought in and I could really use a couple extra pounds on my oh, so slender frame!

I’m all legs and skinny tail right now, but I have a wonderfully expressive face and strong features. My chubby cheeks (the only thing chubby on my little frame) are just so cute and kissable!! I love to snuggle and would love nothing more than to put that miserable street life behind me and become your true love for life. Heaven knows I need some lovin’ AND some good food – would a sunny window seat be too much to ask, too?

Be my savior and I promise I will be your sweet girl for the rest of my days. I also promise to help you through life’s thick and thins, to be there when you come home (provided you keep me safely indoors), and to enjoy your stories of how you and I rescued each other. I’ll be there for you – won’t you also be there for me?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Meet Lorenzo

Attachment 44657

I am Lorenzo, a sweet, shy young guy, about 2 years old that warms up to you quickly. I was a stray so and I’ve seen my share of people that were not so nice to me, but show me a little love and I am putty in your hands. I’ve not been here long and was recently put into the cage room here at the shelter, in a quiet corner, but I am settling in nicely and a little less nervous every day. My caregiver has been rubbing my head and speaking sweet nothings to me and I have just been LOVING it, but take me out of the cage and I am so frightened!
All I need is a bit of time in my new home and I will putty in YOUR hands! I’m really cute, a light grey color with white and really mellow. I don’t make a fuss and don’t take up much room so can’t you please find a bit of space in your heart and home for a boy as sweet as me?
I promise to be there for you when you get home (as long as you keep me safely inside – please, no more street life for me!!). I promise to help you through life’s thick and thins. I also promise to be your love bug buddy.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default My shameless Craigslist posting

Some of you know I now volunteer at our local city shelter and I have fallen in love with several of the cats there. Thankfully most have gotten adopted - except Gretchen. Gretchen is a skinny tabby with legs that are too long for her body. She is older, not a particularly pretty cat but she is SO sweet and has the most wonderful face and eyes. I posted her on Craigslist but nothing. Last night I was thinking of her and I thought of her in human terms - how tired she must be of going to the dance but never being asked. Or being the last girl in school to not be asked out on a date. Here is my post for her - tell me if I overdid it........

Attachment 48346

I'm Gretchen, and frankly I've seen kinder days. I am an adult, more than 2 but less than 5. It's hard to age me at this point. I was a stray that was brought in, way too skinny, but I am filling out nicely and I promise you will not find a sweeter girl than me! Sadly, I've been at the shelter for so long. I'm just so tired of being ohhh'd and ahhh'd over and never chosen. I'm happy to see others get adopted into forever homes, and I'd just like that opportunity for myself. To quote an unfamous poet:

I'm tired of not being good enough
I'm tired of being second best
I'm tired of hearing goodbye
I'm tired of not being able to stretch my wings and fly
I'm tired of not hearing those sweet words
I'm tired of being chosen last
I'm tired of not being cared about and loved
I'm tired of always being the good girl
I'm tired of being tired and I just want a home of my own.

I have a wonderfully expressive face, pretty green eyes and strong, almost exotic looking features. My face just says "I adore you!" My chubby cheeks (the only thing chubby on my little frame) are just so cute and kissable!! I love to snuggle and would love nothing more than to put that miserable street life behind me and become your true love for life. Heaven knows I need some lovin' AND some good food -- would a sunny window seat be too much to ask, too?

Be my savior and I promise I will be your sweet girl for the rest of my days. I also promise to help you through life's thick and thins, to be there when you come home (provided you keep me safely indoors), and to enjoy your stories of how you and I rescued each other. I'll be there for you -- won't you also be there for me?

Last edited by marie73; 02-22-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread