Im tryn to help these cats out - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Im tryn to help these cats out

So as you already know(im sorry for the same posts over and over)i have 4 feral boy cats who live outside. They come to the house from time to time to eat and drink. and hang out. Which is fine by me.

But i dont like is that one of the boys or maybe all 4 of them is spaying the inside of the cat house http://www.vetdepot.com/store/i/is.a...&bw=340&bh=340 .

Inside of the cat house i put a good amount of straw so they can be warm by it.

When i went to clean the house...i took the lid off and saw the bowl was tipped over and all of the dry food was on the bottom of the cat house. There was a good amount of dry food in there. So i just scooped it up and put it back in the bowl. Then i went to wipe down the bottom and put the straw back in it.

Then i cleaned the roof again. darn pee stains on the inside of the roof. Hot water and soap again.

Why are these guys marking the house. its soooo gross!

I saw this http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images...-52466-dog.jpg and was wondering if this could make the cats stop marking the house.

*This 3-in-1 solution removes stains, eliminates odors AND prevents repetitive pet marking. No More Marking leaves behind a fragrance pleasant to humans but acts like a "scent message" telling pets not to return and repeat unwanted behavior.*

what do you think about this spray?

So maybe i should start leaving the food bowls out on the porch and not in the cat house...that way they wont spray inside it? does that sound like a good idea? i want them to feel warm while they eat though.

----------------------------------
This one you guys will like...haha

On the cat house....i put a jeep tire cover over it because its soft and has a fleece liner so that keeps the house semi warm. But on the sides of the cover...there are these openings..and we have mice somewhere..so the mice go into the house and take the dry cat food and then store it ontop of the roof under the cover! There was mouse poo on there too.

So i had to clean up mice poo and cat pee today. not a good way to spend a monday...lol
ThreeCatzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

i don't know if that spray will do much of anything, it may but i would be leery.

what i would suggest is this; first, have them altered. secondly, do not leave food in the house. doing that will attract insects, vermin (as you have seen) and create a dirtier environment for them. lastly, what i would do in lieu of the spray is give it a thorough washing and then apply a couple of coats of shellac to the interior. plastic is a somewhat porous material so there is the chance (depending on age, type of plastic, amount of wear, etc.) that some of the scent could remain. shellac is what is used to before installing new floor to seal the floor after there have been pet accidents. you should be able to find a small amount (pint) for about $10 at a good paint store.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Nature Miracle dissolves the enzyme of the cat pee so they wont smell it and keep marking in the same place. I agree with Whaler. Dont feed the cats inside the house. Leave food outside.

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement