Hartz Flea & Tic kills cats!!!! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalensia
We sell bob martin flea stuff for small animals, bob martin is rubbish I told the area manager that and all I got back was it sells, and it does. I cant say to customers dont buy it either because I would be sacked, which wouldnt be so good since I have a mortgage and bills to pay, but what I CAN do it NOT mention it at all..
Can you look at your customers very seriously and say, "Well, I can't tell you not to buy it..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Premier Cat

hehe

I seriously would tell people DONT! but we have mystery shoppers
they check that customer service is up to scratch, its rediculous we have to come running to every need and whimper
if it went back that I told someone NOT to buy something from us, boy id be sacked quicker than I can say bob martin sucks anyway.

once I get my level 3 NVQ in december I will be on proper payroll, not council funding, then I'm leaving this large chain, then ill say what I want (In a positive way)
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Kitten

eep

my family has been weary of Hartz products for years, this comes as no surprise. there jerks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Cat

Bad stuff

That chemical is a synthetic pyrethrin nerve agent. It's essentially the same as spraying Raid on your cat. Advantage is a growth regulator with much less toxicity.
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Kitten

I agree

This is completly correct, I totaly agree
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 05:40 AM
Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Abra Send a message via MSN to Abra
thats sad, and to think I was just about to use that next week!!!
Im so glad you posted about this, thanks for the warning!
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Jr. Cat

When we brought our most recent kitten home, he was totally infested with fleas. We'd never had a flea problem with any of our cats, we weren't sure what to do for a cat that was only about 6 weeks old, so we went to the pet store and found Hartz (among several other similar brands) and they all said not to use on kittens under 12 weeks. So we didn't buy them.

One of my co-workers volunteers at an emergency animal hospital, and even though she's not a vet, I figured I'd pick her brain and ask her what the dangers would be of using it on a kitten younger than 12 weeks, and she freaked out when I asked her! She told me not only not to use it on a kitten under 12 weeks, but not to ever use those on any cat of any age. She said it's unbelievable how often they get cats in the emergency room, in shock, after having used those products, and sometimes, unfortunately, they can't save them.

Chuckles is now about 3 months, and still has a flea or two, but it's way under control (thanks to the motherly-grooming skills of my other cat, Raven). We're probably gonna get some Advantage or Frontline within the next week.
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Mil0Luv3r
Recommened

My vet recomends it if a cat/kitten gets sick from it they probaly ate it.. And I have got Hartz cat nip but my cat didnt like it... But even though my vet for one of my kittens recomened it i dont use it... But besides they're cat nip and flea and tick stuff my cats/kittens still love theyre toys!

Thank you BCBlondie!
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
I signed the petition, hope they get shut down!

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 01:19 AM
Tom Cat

I warn everyone

Anytime I see someone in the isle at Walmart getting ready to buy those OTC flea products I try to warn them of the dangers. Some listen, some don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page