Hartz Flea & Tic kills cats!!!! - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22

What about hartz flea and tick collars? They're the only type i can find here so far but i still have a couple more places to check.

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Cat

Ihad the same thing happen with Frontline. Spent over $200 on my cat because of a reaction. I now use fennel seed oil on all my cats. Have for almost 7 years. Have had no problem with fleas or health problems with my babies. Thing is fennel seed oil can be purchased at most health food stores for about $10.00 for 4oz bottle. I put a couple of drops on each cat once a week during flea season. The bottle I am using now I bought last year. It is almost empty. I have 7 cats.

Cats are Gods way of reminding us we aren't as important as we think we are
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Jr. Cat

I never heard of Frontline being harmful?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Cat

She had an allergic reaction to it. Not only was she having trouble breathing but where it touched her skin she had hugh red blisters. This all happen within about 4 hours of using it.

Cats are Gods way of reminding us we aren't as important as we think we are
post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22

raul, any type of medication, flea contollers, litter, food can be harmful to a cat if they're allergic so it's not just Frontline, it's because the kitty was allergic.

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Kittie Send a message via MSN to Kittie Send a message via Yahoo to Kittie
My vet told me to use Sergeant's Flea and Tick collar.

post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Cat

Send a message via MSN to Tindi18
I was very close to buying the Hartz flea tick drops. I decided not to when I remembered what a friend of mine had told me about them. She didn't thell me anything about the animals being killed, but she did tell me that it wasn't a good product. I'm so glad that shhe had warned me about this product. I was new to having a cat and the majority of the anti flea products on the shelves were from Hartz. It's a good thing I listened to her advice or I would have had a dead cat on my hands

~Alexandra

Cats were once worshipped like gods. They never let us forget that.
post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Jr. Cat

Yea I have taken many calls from clients who have had some sort of reation to cheapo pet shop flea and worm products. The symptoms range from just hyper-salivation to full blown fits/neurological problems.

It's so sad that owners buy these products thinking they are doing a good thing for their beloved pets only to have them fall ill because of it.

Why do people still buy them from pet shops? Is it the convenience or because it's cheaper?

Please spread the word - Vets products are the only safe/effective drugs for your pets. These problems occur in dogs just as often as cats.

I wish pet shops could not be allowed to sell such dangerous products to the general public.

PS I like Zalensias avator - I thought I was imagining it nlinking for a few minutes as I am over tired as I have been working nights - I seriouly thought I was going mad for a sec...

Take a look at my veterinay website -
www.vetpro.co.uk
Forums, photo gallery, cat news etc.
post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Cat~therus Send a message via MSN to Cat~therus Send a message via Yahoo to Cat~therus
Here is a link to a webpage about Hartz.
http://www.showcatsonline.com/x/hartz_update2.htm

Best Regards,

Tiffani
post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 04:33 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Minda
I never used flea medicine when me and my kitties lived back in Sweden - Fleas are very, very uncommon there. When I moved here to Florida, i'd take my cats out on a leash sometimes, and this one time, a neighbourhood cat came up to them to say hi, and some days afterwards, they had fleas. I was flabbergasted, so I just went to the store and got Hartz flea medicine. That was the first and last time I used it. And just now, by reading this thread, I found out that it's bad for the cats - but the stuff doesn't even work, doesn't kill the fleas worth a darn! So I just went to the vet and got them some Advantage instead, killed the little hopalong fleas right away.

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page