Hartz Flea & Tic kills cats!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hartz Flea & Tic kills cats!!!!

The problem is Hartz Advanced Care flea and tick drops for cats.

Hartz Mountain Corp manufactures a product known as "Flea & Tick Drops Plus," an anti-flea remedy which is applied to the animal's back, like Frontline or Advantage. The difference is that Frontline and Advantage use a much newer chemical, which DOES NOT HURT the animal. Hartz uses phenothrin which --- according to my vet --- has been around for 50 years, is not nearly as effective, and can be toxic. Cats apparently are much more likely to be sensitive than dogs. Read more.....

www.BoycottHartz.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Senior Cat

I also have had a cat become very sick from Hartz flea medication. I try to warn people as much as possible about not using hartz, I think alot of our other members do as well. Thank you for posting this link, it is very helpfull and informative. We will keep the word out about how dangerous this medication is.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Chinisimo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

www.BoycottHartz.com

This site is in dedication to my cat that passed away from this product.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Chinisimo
i'm sorry for your lost

Last edited by marie73; 01-23-2015 at 05:15 AM.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Cat

We've had several cats come into the clinic due to toxic reation to the flea medicine. If you put anything on your cat and it start to shake, has rapid eye movement, or has a seizure bath it immediately and then take it to the vet. Yes bath it first so that less 'medicine' will enter the cats bloodstream. All the cats we've had have been fine. I"m sorry to hear about the loss of all your cats. I certainly don't recommend Hartz to anyone.
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 02:04 AM
Jr. Cat

Yeah.. don't use it. My cat had to stay at the vets for three days because of it.
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Kitten

We need to encourage Target and other stores to pull this product!
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Jr. Cat

Thats a really good idea.. anybody have any suggestions on how we could do that? I think Walmart was sent a petition about it once or something, I'm not sure.
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Premier Cat

Working in such a big company myself (Large store of petstores) who dont actually sell either of these products, but anyway.
Unless someones cat is seriously made ill or killed from these products AND there is un questionable proof it came from a product you bought from them, in this case hartz they wont stop selling it, espcially if they are making a lot of money on this.
I know these products are horrible and by no means am I sticking up for these companies, but from working for a large chain of stores I can tell you no matter how many letters you send in or petitions, so long as the ££££ is coming in they will still sell it.

The best thing to do is inform people, stand near these shops and hand out flyers, they cant stop you doing that so long as it is respectfully, if a products isnt making any money then it will get taken off the shelves since its a waste of space then.
Many a time I have suggested things about feed where I work, and I get ignored and I work for them. We sell bob martin flea stuff for small animals, bob martin is rubbish I told the area manager that and all I got back was it sells, and it does. I cant say to customers dont buy it either because I would be sacked, which wouldnt be so good since I have a mortgage and bills to pay, but what I CAN do it NOT mention it at all..

anyway after loads of babbling inform people, if something isnt making money it will be taken off the shelves, and you wont get into trouble with any companies, who with their money and moutains of solicitors will wipe the floor with us lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page