Has anyone feeding raw tried this? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Has anyone feeding raw tried this?

Because of Lizzie's food allergies I started to do some research in feeding raw and came across this site:
http://www.knowbetterpetfood.com/cat...ter_in_the_raw

Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge about this product? Looks too easy and good to be true.
FatCat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I just realized I should have posted in the raw food forum... Sorry!
FatCat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Ive never tried raw but Ive been reading and have come across another product like this. My Natural Cat Premix w/ Liver included

With what Ive been reading it looks like it contains the liver calcium egg yolk and vitamin requirements so I dont know what would be wrong with using it. Im going to use that premix when I start feeding raw eventually. (I want to get a grinder first because ground chicken rabbit or cornish hen is not available in my grocery store.) Unless someone on here tells us otherwise and why its not a good idea I dont see anything wrong with it. Looks like a faster more convenient way to prepare raw for those not with a whole lot of time or maybe the resources to put everything together.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Cats have no use for psyllium or barley grass. They don't need supplements if fed a good prey model or whole prey raw diet. Please check out this link, which explains in detail how to feed a great raw diet w/out all those commercial products.

Raw Fed Cats
hoofmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I understand how to do it with all the meat sources liver and other things without supplements... its just in certain areas you can't always find the resources to do all that. I know I couldn't here.... I've called. And even so with my husband being military and me soon to be. Finding time to get and do all that would be hectic i shouldnt even factor my husband into that because he would not never touch raw meat stuff for the cats what about TC Feline?? I've considered trying it too.
http://www.thetotalcat.com/products_...hp?ProductID=4

It doesn't have the barely or husks....

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
I understand how to do it with all the meat sources liver and other things without supplements... its just in certain areas you can't always find the resources to do all that. I know I couldn't here.... I've called.
? What can't you find? Meat you can find anywhere! Cornish hens for bone in and beef, pork, boneless chicken for meaty meat. Add in some chicken livers and you're good. Yes, you should have some other organ--order it from https://www.hare-today.com/ . Or consider feeding whole prey--order frozen mice online.

I'm not sure what the problem is . . . can you explain?
hoofmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I just personally don't see why anyone would spend the extra money on this product unless you plan to feed all ground all the time. I have been feeding my cats Frankenprey for years whenever I take my cats to the vet they always ask what is it I am feeding them because they are in amazing condition.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Paying for frozen shipping costs outrageous amounts. And I dont have the freezer space to order like a ton. Thats what Im saying... I went to my store yesterday. Yes I can find chicken thighs gizzards and livers. But I thought you have to have hearts?? Which I couldnt find.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Hearts do not count as organs in raw feeding, but as meat. However, hearts are full of taurine, but they are not absolutely crucial. If you can find liver as you stated, you're off to a great start.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Cat

It's not fresh... It comes frozen in little bags. I don't know if that effects the quality or not?? The gizzards I found are the only organs I could find fresh. It comes in a Tyson pack of like 10-15 I think.... What I thought was interesting is I can find frozen whole duck, capon, goose and rabbit.... Minus fur and feathers... The commissary on base has way more than I've ever seen in any regular store... Surprises me a little bit. I've never seen rabbit duck or goose in a grocery store. Little rabbit still has his head on though kind of freaky

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement