Clancy's first experience with a raw meal - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Clancy's first experience with a raw meal

Hey guys, some of you may remember my thread for our Siberian kitten Clancy. I post videos of him performing tricks, and other random things.

We got him in June and he is now almost 9 months old. Up until this time we have been trying to feed him the highest quality stuff we can find in PetSmart. We keep dry Blue Buffalo kitten food out for him most of the time for him to snack on, and we give him a half of a small can in the morning and at night as his main "meals". Up until 8 months or so we were exclusively giving him kitten formula canned food, mainly Blue Buffalo as well, but around that time he flat out stopped eating any of the kitten canned food, so we started giving him the normal higher quality stuff. We tried to find things that had an actual meat as the first ingredient, and then stuff without any mention of animal by-product or animal digest.

Anyway, we decided to try raw since we had a feeling he may take to it. We found a dealer a little ways up the road that carries Blue Ridge Beef Kitten Mix, and we bought one chub of it. He wanted it the second he saw it, even before we opened it.

Last edited by marie73; 12-02-2012 at 12:19 AM.
RockySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

My cats loved the Blue Ridge beef mix but I couldn't keep feeding it because I noticed (after purchasing and mixing a bunch of supplements into it) that it's still not a complete meal. There's no bone in there and I'm not going to grind my own bones and I have no idea where to get bone meal. I've also heard it's not a recommended substitute, but I don't believe it could be any worse than a lot of what passes for bargain or even mid-quality cat foods.

It's great that you're starting him out young though. I think every cat would take to raw if given a chance to get accustomed to it before getting addicted to kibble and heavily flavored canned stuff. It's their natural diet, after all.
Penguin_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

I also feed my siberian cat the raw kitten mix and she loves it. The breeder recommended it to feed her raw twice a day and keep dry food out all day. She is very energetic and opposed to what out vet says I will continue with her diet. The raw food has natural fat and no preservatives like the cat canned food. I am not sure about the bones, but I am sure that the dry food will provide whats missing. I am going to check out the tricks your cat is doing. I am teaching my 4 month old siberin kitten to fetch right now...she is doing well but getting distracted pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement