Where do i find taurine and glandular supplements? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Where do i find taurine and glandular supplements?

I am in Canada and am preparing to make raw cat food for my cats. I cannot find Taurine and glandular supplements! I am still doing research but this is from the recipie on catnutrition.com
Any help is muchly appreciated!!!!!
PrincessChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi,

I'm also from Canada. I'm new to raw, so I have been looking for supplements as well. Yesterday I saw Taurine for sale in both of the health food stores I checked. It was in the isle with the other vitamins/ minerals/ supplements. I didn't see glandular supplements, but I didn't specifically look.

Lucky Vitamin and iherb.com sell a lot of supplements as well, and their shipping to Canada is really reasonable (I have chemical sensitivities, so have ordered specialty products for myself from them before).

Hope this helps!
Cricket776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Where do i find taurine and glandular supplements?

Thanks! Yes I still haven't found any but my kitty has taken a turn for the worse. Vet suspected ibd but now she's walking around like she's drunk. She's skinny, still eating and drinking though.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

A raw diet shouldn't need taurine added. Just make sure you add in organs high in taurine, like heart and liver. Meat also has taurine in it.
3gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Taurine Pure Powder, 8 ounce: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: NOW Foods Taurine Pure Powder, 8 ounce: Health & Personal Care

i like the NOW supplements, i also use the bone meal one. i don't know what shipping to canada from amazon is like though.

organ and muscle meats (heart, liver and gizzards) are the highest in taurine, but i cook my food so i don't always cut up hearts and mix them in. my cats hate liver so i started adding vitamins a & d. if you're feeding all raw you should have a recipe that tells you how many hearts (or gizzards) you need to add in.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
A raw diet shouldn't need taurine added. Just make sure you add in organs high in taurine, like heart and liver. Meat also has taurine in it.
I would suggest to add taurine. It is an essential amino acid, and we don't really know how much is destroyed when freezing the meat. Some types of meat are also very low in taurine, such as rabbit. Rabbit meat HAS to be supplemented.

The "Now" brand has Taurine in powder form, (as opposed to capsules) that is very reasonable.
Evita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement