Low-Budget Cat Shelter Ad The Best Thing You’ve Seen Today [Video] - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Low-Budget Cat Shelter Ad The Best Thing You’ve Seen Today [Video]

Animal shelters across the country are sadly overrun with animals just waiting to find their forever homes. That’s why these shelter volunteers channeled their inner cheesy car salesperson and ended up with fabulous (and viral) cat commercial!
When Paul Preston, a property management contractor from Atlanta, Georgia and his sister, Helen, a volunteer with FurKids Animal Rescue and Shelters got together to help showcase available shelter cats, they had no idea their commercial would go viral, with over 2.6 million (and counting!) views on social media sites.

Preston parodied the many, many used car salesman stereotypes as he peddled the kittehs off, claiming that if one was looking for a black cat, Furkids had them, “Blacker than midnight in a coffin,” and you can’t help but giggle as he touts the ‘enthusiasm’ of one kitten who is clearly nibbling his thumb like it’s a mouse for breakfast.

Related: Das Funny! Volkswagen’s Prank Ad of Autonomous Dog Walking Gadget [Video]

He shares that the shelter cats are, “Compatible with Windows 2016,” (as he teases them through an actual window), but the best is his rendition of Sarah McLachlan’s ‘Angel’, which is a play on her ads for the British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. His off-key tone and made-up lyrics will have you in stitches.

The brother-sister team titled the video “Kitty Kommercial,” and share that if cats aren’t your thing, there are plenty of dogs too…though we have to admit, the cats stole the show! I mean, the high-five at the end… c’mon!

~Petguide.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Premier Cat

I love this! Best commercial ever!! Posted to my Facebook page!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Tom Cat

I've seen this sort of commercial for several shelters. Calgary Humane Society did one a couple years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 PM
Kitten

That's nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page