Hi, I'm new here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
cmb
Kitten

Default Hi, I'm new here

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, and to forums in general haha, I was wondering if someone could help me?
I have just got a cat from a rescue home on Saturday, I love her to bits and she seems relaxed(ish) and happy here, but a bit nervous of course but the people from the centre said that was to be expected as we don't know if her previous owners treated her badly or anything.
Anyway I thought all was fine but last night she seemed a bit stressed out and her back, tail, whiskers and ears kept twitching even when I didn't touch her. She's stopped now though but I'm a bit worried I did something wrong... The house was really warm so I doubt she would have been cold. I'm guessing it was either because I stressed her out (because I had to leave her alone for the first time in the house yesterday when I went to the supermarket) or because I gave her milk (earlier that day, I had cereal for breakfast and she wanted some of the milk so I put some fresh milk in her bowl and when my mum came home she told me it was really bad for cats, oops). Could either of those be the reason for her twitchiness and should I be worried?
Any advice would be really appreciated!
Thanks
Chrissy
cmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

hello!
ebaydan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

It could just be part of her unique personality. It's kinda like dating someone and then living with them...there are always some things to grow accustomed to.

Ususally when I see my cats sit there with an intent determination, with ears & whiskers forward twitching, they are listening for prey....or they're being playful.

Congrats on your new companion! I hope you have many good memories together.
FranklinStreetWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

welcome!!
jazzygemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi! She's probably just still adjusting to the new environment.
lizzimi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

We have 2 cats and they were both rescue cats. Our first cat we have had for 2 years and she was exactly like that, we didn't know her back story so we were gambling on her attitude. It took her a couple weeks but after that all the shyness went away and she blossomed into what she is today!!! Good luck and congras on you new friend!!
KeeperOfTheCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

Firstly congratulations for adopting...
Regards of the milk, I was feeding Bello a 2 years old persian during a 5 months until the vet said that is not very well recommended, even that I was giving cat's milk.
He was drinking much more milk than water, what isn't good too...

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
antonioperetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
cmb
Kitten

hi guys thanks for the replies, she is fine now and I think the twitching is part of her personality you were right she is really settling in well now so that's great
cmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

As others have said, I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about. Both my kitties will twitch their nose and ears when they're alert, likely when some distant sound or smell has caught their attention. Plus it's normal for cats to be on high-alert when their adjusting to a new environment.

And congrats on adopting. I can't think of a way I'd rather get a pet than giving a home to one who really needs it.
jawramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement