Hi- Came across this site trying to find out about different cat diseases - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Hi- Came across this site trying to find out about different cat diseases

Hi everyone!

I came across this site doing a search on the internet for different cat sicknesses and symptoms. I am the mother of two large tabbies, named Broccoli and Gargomel.

Broccoli is very sick =( He refuses to eat and has lost 6 lbs in two months (Went from 22 lbs to 16 lbs). And yes I have been constantly taking him to the vet these past 3 months, they are unable to figure out what is wrong with him (Did blood tests and xrays). I am super worried about him

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I look forward to being a part of this community.

-Suzie
SuzieeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My cat did not make it. =( He passed away the next day on November 16, 2012. The vet tried to resccusitate him by CPR and shocks but it didn't work. I am so devasted.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My cat, Broccoli did not make it. =( He passed away the next day on November 16. I went home during lunch break from work on Friday to check up on him and he seemed worse, so I decided I would take him to be hospitalized after I got off work. But I received a call around 1pm from my sister saying that my cat was making weird crying noises and then another call 10 minutes later that he was not moving or breathing. I left work right after the call and took him to the vet. They tried to resuscitate him with CPR and electric shocks but it was too late.

I am so devasted. I had him since he was 2 months old and this is my first time experiencing a loss of a pet. I cry all the time and I feel so bad that Broccoli was in so much pain the last few days of his life. I have another cat who I am monitoring closely to make sure he is not grieving to the point that he does not eat (read that some cats do this) as they grew up together for the entire 10 years.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

You are doing the right think to be keeping an eye on your other cat - you are plainly a responsible and caring cat owner. Bless you.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Cat

So sorry for your loss. Hang in there it gets better. But there will always be a place in your heart that is empty. I know I lost 2 pugs several years ago. I had the for 15 years. Again I wish you all the best.
Jeckybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

I lost my first some years ago. Had to take him to the vet where they put him to sleep. It was awful, I cried all the way home barely able to drive. I miss him less now that I got another cat with practically the same character.
gordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Just know that you did everything you could. And realize you probably gave him the best life he could have had. take comfort in that he isn't suffering anymore. <3!
Mrgnx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement