First post - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default First post

Hey, all! My name is Kristin, and my husband and I have seven cats, ranging in age from 11 weeks to 17 1/2 years. We've been through just about everything with these guys- it's a full-time job, to say the least! We lost two in June- both to cancer- our 18-year-old went naturally, and our 16-year-old was euthanized, both within a day of each other. It's been a hard year.

Our cats eat the Blue Buffalo evolutionary diet- both wet and dry. We have two males with UTI issues, and this is the only food we can feed everyone instead of two on Science Diet C/D, the rest on something else. We tried both Innova Evo and Nature's Variety, but they couldn't tolerate either one- luckily they like the BB so that they can have some variety.

With everything we've been through with these guys, I can't believe I'm just now joining this forum! I look forward to exploring, and sharing my experiences where I can! Thanks! Kristin
kflei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

Nice to meet you. I have two cats right now Nikki is almost 3 and Oliver is 4 months. I also take care of around 14 feral cats everyday. Everybody is fixed. My 11 year old son helps me with the feral cats he has also named every last one of them. Sorry you have lost your loved ones but I am sure they are happy looking down on you right now.

Last edited by marie73; 12-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
kittyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi Kristen,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Nicole and I just joined as well. I am sorry to hear about your kitties. I lost a cat to cancer years ago and I still feel sad thinking about it. I have two kitties now, but the younger one (5 years) has been sick these past few months with some undiagnosed illness. She went to the vet for a UTI back in August, but after treatment her health started declining. Poor baby has been tested over and over again, but everything has come back "inconclusive" or the symptoms fall into too many categories. I sometimes wonder if the vet visits and all the previous medicine didn't make it worse somehow.

Anyway, I hope your babies get better.

Last edited by marie73; 12-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Ms. N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement