Grieving in Ohio - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
Have your daughter read "Rainbow Bridge". A friend sent it to me when we lost our first cat Annie. I had never read (or even heard of it) before and it was a great comfort to think that she is whole and happy now.
The Rainbow Bridge Poem - A Pet Loss Poem

RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...
And there are plenty of toys!
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
Have your daughter read "Rainbow Bridge". A friend sent it to me when we lost our first cat Annie. I had never read (or even heard of it) before and it was a great comfort to think that she is whole and happy now.
The Rainbow Bridge Poem - A Pet Loss Poem

RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, youu cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...
Thank you for this from me and the girls, I had not read that before.
Uhmazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

Thank from me and the girls, I had not read that before. For the memory book that would be a good project for us to work on together, we are doing much better now dealing with losing him and can talk about him without tears.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmazed View Post
Thank from me and the girls, I had not read that before. For the memory book that would be a good project for us to work on together, we are doing much better now dealing with losing him and can talk about him without tears.
Time heals all wounds. Soon you will remember more of the happy memories and the sad won't be so stinging. I adopt old thrown away cats and usually don't have each one for very long, but I can say with assurance that I have loved each of them and have given them a good and peaceful final year(s). It's never easy to lose a loved one - especially one so young, but you were a good cat family to him. Enjoy his memories until you are reunited again over the Rainbow Bridge.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

All I can say is stay strong. Am facing a similar situation myself and I fear losing my special friend. 18 years of my life she was with me and to see her slip away really pains me. The vet gave a similar recommendation as with you if it gets worse......
I've dealt with the demise of dear pets before, usually pets I had for about 2 to 4 years and after every death i go into a depression sometimes not eating well or skiping meals for days.....it's true what you say that some people don't understand the way how we feel....but i owe them everything....for i found in them most of what i found lacking in most humans....absolute loving companions who i will never ever forget......
I read a Christian book once called "Revealing Heaven"...in it the author describes a glimpse she had of heaven......and she mentions that even our beloved pets will be there.................so i guess that beautiful poem someone else posted here above called "rainbow bridge" rings really true..........

I wish you and your family strenght .........and please don't blame yourself......I know i do the same to myself.....but trust me.....your cat knows how much you loved him and you are appreciated and will be eagerly waited for in the life herafter...
StrikeEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

My heart goes out to you 18 years would be very hard to let go. When I get into a debate regarding animals in Heaven, I have been told that animals do not enter heaven because they have no souls, I whole heartedly believe that when you love a pet and take them into your heart, I think when they develope personalities they develope souls as well or you simply give them part of yours either way I know that they will be there and we get to be reunited with them as we will with people. It is proven through science and physics that energy can never be destroyed, it merely changes form.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

And to add what we see in our pets are truly lacking in some humans, you made a great point to help understand why it's so hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement