Hello, new member Cyberchook here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello, new member Cyberchook here

Hi I am another cat person, after over 70 years of cat care and vast experiences of many a long time cat friendship.
At present I am guardian of three British Shorthairs.
Boof who is a Blue and BIG. He is 13 and showing his age. He has a cyst on his spine.

Bijou, she is all black, except for an aged white whisker or two, a retired breeding kitty who was adopted due to her ongoing lactation mastitis, from the same well run cattery at aged 6 she is now 17.

The last member is the wicked Mouse. He is about 7 and the naughty one. I call him killer cat as he has proven all too often to the dismay of local wild life.I ensure all cats are inside at dusk.
We let our cats outside each day here mostly. They hang out in the gardens but do roam their own choice or territory. We live in a quiet area.

These are not my cats by the way. But I feed and vet them. They really belong (?) to my grandchildren who have grown up and off doing other things in life. Also the cats always seem to choose to move in with me. Oh yes I know why. No magic there!!

I found this Cat Forum whilst looking for other's views on pulling fur out! This is not new to me . Old Bijou (BG) does this seasonally. She is not with her own set of issues, failing kidneys, heart murmur, allergies at times, so far under control, except this fur pulling that she does about twice a year .

She is still lively and will at night often play with her 'Rat' toy or scamper madly around my granny flat!
She has put on weight after I chose to continue to give her a higher protein fresh meat. She actually lost half her body weight in a week on the recommended low protein diet!!

I am not sure if this is what an introduction means . I do not belong to other Cat Forums.

Oh, by the way I live in Sydney, Australia, recently moved here from decades living in Katoomba, the wonderful Blue Mountains some may have heard about!!

Look forward to reading posts and responding.

:blackcap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:31 AM
Premier Cat

Hi there, and welcome!

Ah, at least Bijou only does that twice a year. I had a chronic overgroomer who licked all the fur off her tummy and inner legs. Most unattractive! We'd love to see pics of your (or your grandkids') kitties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page