Owner and rescuer of 2 feral kitties from Hawai'i!! (PICS) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Owner and rescuer of 2 feral kitties from Hawai'i!! (PICS)

Hi! My name is molly. I'm still a kid... still a teenager.. but I thought I'd share my story of my 2 cats that I rescued from hawai'i.

One is Pōpoki! Which is cat in hawaiian. He has green eyes, He is mostly black with white on his chin and chest, and a four-pointed-star on his belly! (so cute!) I will have pictures attached!

Pōpoki is the first one I rescued. The day we arrived at our new house in hawaii, (military base), I saw green glowing eyes in the bushes. it was about 10pm... And it was a 6-8 week old kitten! (him!) So as we lived there we left some food out for him and around October (we moved there july) and he'd eat near us as we ate dinner in our backyard. Then november he'd actually sit under the table but wouldn't dare to touch us or let him be touched. Then, early december, one day (I was nearly I was on my back patio sitting on the ground throwing him meat, and he ate it but then came to ME! And starting circling me and rubbing against me!!! And he had the LOUDEST purr ever!! then he sat on my lap and I started petting him his purrs got louder and louder! Then he started playing with the strings on the bow of my dress lol, and playing with my long hair! At this point he was an older kitten. And he continued and continued to be with us and was completely outdoors, and came by frequently to visit

And Lua, it was about a year later. My neighbor-friend said that they fed this tabby cat with a spot on her nose and named it "spot". But only fed it tuesdays and Thursdays So one day I went out looking around the neighborhood with my brother, with some cat food, and we coaxed him back to our house and fed him, gave him water, etc. We always fed him, and gave him lots of love. Unlike popoki, he was very friendly from the beginning! He was around 2 1/2 years at the time. So we took her to get spayed cause we were concerned popoki would mate with her and, she apparently was a neutered male, not a female!! Some time later, we took him to the vet and they scanned for a microchip, and he had one! So they did some calling and found out that, the previous owners moved away and left him He was taken into a shelter and was birthed at the shelter! (I believe, either that or he was a few days old). Then when he was old enough he was adopted out and so was his sister, to the same home! And they were both abandoned We heard that his sister already found a home. So that's how we got lua!

We don't live in hawaii anymore sadly But we live in the kansas city area. We let our cats outside and when they want food or to sleep overnight, even just to visit us, we will let them inside We have tons of woods in front of our house, all the way to the missouri river! They love to explore there.

And I also have a new puppy and they are still getting used to her, haha! But doing better. Lua has touched noses a few times.

And, on for the pictures!

My cats! - Album on Imgur

Last edited by marie73; 03-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page