Cat Forum banner

Dog person turned cat mom

476 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  maggie23 
#1 ·
Hello! My name is Cait, and I recently converted to a cat person on accident. I have three fur babies.

My fiancé and I were babysitting a friend's cat when he was evicted from his home and couldn't take him with him; fast forward six months and he gave us full custody! He's a one-ish year old, long-hair, gray boy who was born from two short-hair orange tabbies. (Yeah, we don't get it either. All his siblings look like their parents.) He came to us with the name Mister Fly❤ because of his obsession with hunting bugs.

My man works for a company that does irrigation systems. He was working near a river in the nice part of a not-so-nice city when he heard a meow. He looked around and didn't see any cats so he figured he imagined it. A few minutes later he hears it again and investigates. In the river he found a white styrofoam cooler floating, and opened it up to see three newborn kittens with their eyes still shut. Unfortunately one of them had already passed away ?, however the other two were still hanging in there.
He took them up to the homeowner he was working for and explained what just happened. He also made mention that my birthday was coming up and if they were older he would take them. The homeowner said "I'll keep them for you." ? So when he went to pick them up, she handed him all of their vet papers and said "They're completely up to date. Don't pay me back. Tell your fiancée happy birthday." (Yeah I about died when I found out). Turns out they're Lynx Point Siamese and the two that survived are a brother and sister, who we've named Mantis and Ladybug❤❤

I've grown up with dogs, so I know how to handle them inside/outside/backwards/upside down but cats are completely new to me! Even though both my boys are neutered (little girl is intact), they're giving me some problems that I'll be asking for help with in the appropriate threads and hoping you guys can help me out! Thank you in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the cat club! ha ha! I became a cat lover myself unexpectedly 6 years ago when my ex took in a stray. went from knowing absolutely nothing about cats to doing research on them everyday in just a few weeks. that first stray absolutely changed my life. I've had 4 cats now in the last 6 years and am currently fostering them, too. I love it! I love dogs as well, but I will do all my research BEFORE I get my first pup this time. I felt like I ended up experimenting a bit and making mistakes with that first cat and I don't want a dog to be subjected to that.
welcome again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.