Cat Forum banner

Can you tell me what breed my cat is?

439 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  NebraskaCat 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all! My boyfriend and I found and rescued a kitten last winter who was completely feral and wild. She had no prior interaction with humans and was living behind a dumpster with her other 3 siblings. It took many, many, many weeks, and a LOT of love and patience, but she's come around and is completely domesticated now. When she was younger we thought she looked like she could be part Persian, but as she gets older we see that less. We're thinking she's at least part Maine ****, because of her long hair and **** tail, but she doesn't seem to have that traditional Coone face/eyes. I'd really really REALLY appreciate it if you could lemme know what you guys think!

She's very affectionate, loving, and cuddly (she sleeps on my chest every night)
Moderately active, and plays many times throughout the day
Sleeps frequently and for long periods of time
Very vocal, always purring, meowing, and making other kitty noises
She has a predominantly loving personality, but definitely has a lot of sassy moments

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
She's beautiful! She's a DLH (domestic long haired) cat, like my girls. No way of knowing what breeds are mixed in there.

#3 ·
She's an adorrr-able DLH=domestic long hair, her color is calico, and yes they can be sassy and bossy, but very devoted to their owner. Lucky you!

#4 ·
She's a calico kitty although the colors are arranged in a bit of a van pattern (if the orange/black parts were a solid color, it would be a bi-colored van pattern). But not to be confused with the Turkish Van breed - she's a DLH and beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.