Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - New 12 week old kittens, one with diarrhea
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
David C
Jr. Cat

New 12 week old kittens, one with diarrhea

Well after the death of our beloved cat Phantom almost two months ago, we are honoring his memory with two handsome Bengal kittens! Their names are Phineas and Phaelan, and they are 12 weeks old. Brought them home yesterday, and they are in their "safe room" as we gradually introduce them to our adult cat, Phoebe Jean.

Phineas has had diarrhea today, and yesterday. We knew he had some issues with this after his last visit to the vet about two weeks ago, but are not sure if it's been continuous...I emailed our breeders to see if that is the case. They are very responsible and upstanding, we've been visiting the boys for over a month after deciding to adopt.

He is acting fine - drinking, eating, playing, purring, and no vomiting. From what I've looked up so far, it could be due to stress, or anxiety, or food. We have not changed his food, but might try some cat food with pumpkin in it.

Any thoughts or suggestions? We don't want to rush him to the vet, but want to be very careful with this.

I have uploaded two pics of the boys, Phineas is the spotted and Phaelan the marbled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1363.jpg
Views:	15142
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	1711  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg
Views:	8300
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	1712  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome