Cat Forum banner

RIP Moose...

1K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  Kannel 
#1 ·
I would like to take a moment to remember the most awesome cat that has ever lived! He died at a young age of 8 years. His curiosity finally got the better of him. He just couldn't help himself but to wander. This time it was into the road.

I was hanging around 9 mile near Detroit, MI with my friends that chilly, rainy day in April 2004. I was waiting on a friend and out of the corner of my eye I seen a black fuzz ball under a car. I approached the soaking wet kitten and he began to meow. He walked right up to me so i picked him up... that was all she wrote...

I went door to door asking the neighborhood homeowners if they know who's kitten this was. I got the same response from everyone. "have never seen him before." So I took him home.

From what I could tell he was a maine **** mix of some sort. Black smoke coat with white front and back paws and chest patch. He had HUGE paws and had mouser "thumbs" that made his paws look like little mittens!

I named him after my favorite character in the fantasy/sci-fi novels I read at the time. I named him Raistlin. Shortly after he began to grow he got the nickname Moose because of his LARGE size!

He stuck with me through thick and thin. From the time living with my parents, to moving in with friends, to having my own apartment, to living in my truck... He was my Moo cat.

And what a personality... he was roudy, lazy, clumbsy, voicterous, and did some of the weirdest things... He used to nuzzle his face against yours and try and suck on your earlobes. He would lay in the middle of the floor on his back spread eagle, when he purred he would drool all over. He loved to be snuggled up against you, he would ride on my shoulders around the house like a draped scarf.

He was a cat beyond the concept of cats. I praise the Lord that he gave me such a unique pet and I thank Him that he let him stay with me as long as he did. You are so awesome to have created such a marvelous animal as Raistlin and it was so great that I got to spend his life with him! Thank You!

See less See more
#10 ·
Oh my God...I'm almost in tears here. I'm delighted for you that you found this not-so-little guy and you got to spend so many wonderful years together. He was lucky to find someone with such a big heart and by the sounds of his contentedness (is that even a word...?), he knew it and loved you dearly for it.

Fudge's Mummy xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.