Cat Forum banner

Drontal

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Waterfaller10 
#1 ·
My vet charged me $18 for three tablets of Drontal. I crushed up 1 and a half and mixed it in my cat's food, but he wouldn't eat it. Is there a chewable pill available? Also, is it safe to buy Drontal online or do I need to get it from my vet? $18 for 3 pills seems outrageous. Especially if I need to try different methods to get my boy to take the pill. He's an ex-feral so trying to pill him is out of the question. I'm going to pick up some pill pockets tomorrow and try that. He's very finicky so I'm not too hopeful.

#2 ·
Drontal is going to be expensive regardless of where you buy it. It's not available as a generic. I think Drs. Foster and Smith sells each tablet for $5.99 plus shipping. You're better off just buying it from your vet. One of the medications I take is $30 a pill. Because there is no generic, they can charge whatever they want.

Pill pockets are your best bet. Please sure not to touch the pill pocket with the same hand as the pill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.