Cat Forum banner

My cat peed on my bed....

7K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  mumof7kitties 
#1 ·
The title says it all. I got out of the shower, this morning, and smelled cat urine very strongly in my bedroom. I started investigating and saw that a huge urine puddle was on my bed. It soaked through my comforter, bed sheets and mattress cover. I am trying to clean my mattress now to get the smell out. I am so upset over this. I have never had this happen before.

I believe it was our new cat, Shadow, that is almost a year old. She was the one sitting outside my bathroom door waiting for me to get out and give her food. I don't think that she has a UTI since she is not straining to use the litter box and there is no other urine spots anywhere in my house.

Do you think that she peed on my bed because she was mad at me for not feeding her before I took my shower?

This is my first female cat and my male has never done this before.

Thanks.

#32 ·
KC had surgery to widen his urethra 12 years ago due to blocked bladder issues. He unfortunately also has diabetes & skin allergies. So that is why I am leaning toward him more to have peed on my bed.

I have been watching him & he still hasn't gone peed in the litterbox yet. He is not crying in pain or acting differently. He is miserable from his skin allergies though because he has scratched his neck raw again & is bleeding.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#33 ·
I have a dog that surfs for treats as well so I have hooded litterboxes that I strategically place so the cats can get inside them but it is too difficult for my dog.
As far as natures miracle goes, they make a oxy one that has this wonderful citrus smell and comes in an orange bottle and I absolutely love it. When my baby was a kitten we had a few accidents. He had been going back to the same two spots in my dining room without me realizing it until I caught him one day. I used this oxy natures miracle and the room just smelled fresh and new. And every time I would walk past those two spots it would smell like a breath of fresh air for weeks after I treated the spot.
It's an oxy formula meant just for cats. I will never be without it.

As a side note: sounds like your baby is miserable and I hope he gets to feeling better. Ive heard it's not good especially for a male cat to be blocked for long periods of time so If it were me I would have him checked as soon as possible.
They make mattress covers that are suppose to be leak proof so I would check into that just for future peace of mind. Wishing you the best of luck.

#34 ·
Thanks everyone! KC finally peed in his box. I think that I will still take him to the vet. I am going to take him to the vet that I take my other pets too. They are alot closer to me than his current vet. Plus, I want to get a second opinion on his allergies and diabetes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.