Cat Forum banner

fun/special treats for cats!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  coyt 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

So, with Thanksgiving and the other holidays coming up, my boyfriend and I were wondering if we should give Keeba a special meal, just for fun :) and so he can join in the festivities! Does anyone do this?

I saw Merrick's Turducken and Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner cat foods, and thought those would be cute, but then I checked the ingredients. It's basically turkey plus a lot of stuff that might be appealing to humans but I don't see it really being appeal to/benefitting the cat (potatoes, cranberries, and apples!!) Plus I don't see it being that much different from the Wellness grain-free we feed him already

So.. instead I'm wondering if there's an awesome treat out there that cats would really enjoy. I know they make all sorts of things for dogs (cakes and cookies and bones and all that jazz) but not many for cats.

Thanks everyone :D

#2 ·
We've tried both Turducken and Thanksgiving dinner, and our kitties don't care for either one. They do love Nature's balance Turkey & giblets, as well as Wellness Turkey formula, but I give those all the time, so not special for our kitties. I'm planning to give our girls Addiction New Zealand Brushtail. Its opossum from New Zealand, where its considered a pest. I gave it on their approximated birthdays and they just LOVED it! Its a little more expensive than average, you can order online from several sites, but I haven't found a site with free shipping on it.

#3 ·
I'm planning to give our girls Addiction New Zealand Brushtail. Its opossum from New Zealand, where its considered a pest. I gave it on their approximated birthdays and they just LOVED it! Its a little more expensive than average, you can order online from several sites, but I haven't found a site with free shipping on it.
Oh, Addiction Brushtail is ET's staple, its alot cheaper than Wellness, Nature's Variety or EVO, here in Sg. ET loved brushtail more than the other flavour, but even so, I'll still insist on giving him varied flavours so he won't become finicky.

Anyway, since its gonna be a 1 time thing, why not give your kitty Salmon or Tuna for a change, it can be human food or cat canned. Most cats I know loved these, though I must admit there may be some exceptions.

#4 ·
Rocky and Lily love Turducken and Thanksgiving as well as Merrick's Grammy Pot Pie flavor, Grammy's is the lowest in carbs besides cowboy so I believe that a lot of it is meat.

Rocky just loves regular chicken too and meows and meows for it.

#5 ·
If you want to feed treats, you might try PureBites freeze dried chicken. Most cats go crazy for it. It's nothing but chicken breast.

For Thanksgiving, I cook a turkey breast and share a little of the meat with them, since they've been smelling it all day, making a festive occasion out of it, sitting on the floor with a newspaper spread out and hand feeding the small pieces of turkey to them. They even sit around me in a circle and wait their turn.

(I also do this whenever I roast a chicken)

#8 ·
thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

I liked the suggestion about feeding him fish, since he does love it and we don't ever feed it to him regularly. So we got him a small can of BFF Tuna and Pumpkin wet food (we know he loves pumpkin, too :D)

Happy Thanksgiving all! Please continue to share suggestions if you think of any more :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.