Cat Forum banner

Andie's half tail...

911 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  sentimentalgirl 
#1 ·
not sure if i ever told you guys that Andie has a birth defect. She was born with a very short tail. Its pretty goofy looking, but I love i. Its kind of bent at the end too, so my friend calls her "candy cane tail." LOL. Check it out :) Andie doesnt mind.. she thinks cats wih normal tails are weird!

And here she is trying to climb into my broken dresser... yes I need to fix it.. although she would be upset if I did... lol

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow, do you guys think Andie could be part Japanese bobtail?? Thats interesting, wonder how I could find out. I just always thought it was a defect b/c thats what the guy at the pet store told my mom when she bought her for me. He also said no one wanted her b/c her tail is "messed up." I thought that was SO mean! :evil: He told my mom her mom was Siamese, but Andie sure doesnt look Siamese to me.

I heard that female orange tabby cats are not too common. I think my vet told me that.. is that true, or am I imagining things??

#6 ·
Nope, you're right. Orange tabby females are quite uncommon, though not terribly rare as several people I know (including you) have one, and I myself have one.

Andie's tail is cute! Beeper has an almost indentically short tail, I should take a picture of it sometime. :p It's so wierd with three long-tailed cats now, and Beeper with her lil' stub :lol:

#7 ·
My Japanese Bobtail Tess has the funny tail. She is calico in color. She likes to talk alot like Siamese which always made me wonder if Siamese were in the breed of Japanese Bobtail.. I dont know if there are any JB breeders on this board or someone who knows more about them that could help you determine.

I highly suspect your kitty is atleast part just cuz of the unique tail! Im not sure what colors JB come in.. I guess I should know more since I have one!!!!! Geesh ,little did the guy know from the pet store this is a highly prized trait for Andie :D :D :D

#8 ·
I highly suspect your kitty is atleast part just cuz of the unique tail! Im not sure what colors JB come in.. I guess I should know more since I have one!!!!! Geesh ,little did the guy know from the pet store this is a highly prized trait for Andie

Oh how fun, Andie might be even more special than I thought!! I always knew my little girl was unique! I looked up some pictures of Japanese Bobtail cats online and their tails are very short... Andie's is short, but not as short as theirs. Hhhmmmmm... now I am so curious!

#9 ·
I saw a few Japanese Bobtails at a small cat show here in Tucson. They had tails that were short but not round. There were a few with pom pom like tails But I think it can have a bit of length and is OK. The breeder I talked to said it was the bend in the bone of the tail that let you know it was a JB.. I think a bit of lenght is OK but Im not an expert on this. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.