Cat Forum banner

Spook and Kittens

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Hippyhart 
#1 ·
After several weeks of moving around, Spook and her kittens have finally made it home -- that is, my home. I just took a few quick photos but will have more once the kittens get a little bigger and Spook isn't as "spooked".

Five beautiful babies, born Dec. 1.

Spook's beauty shot

Spook snacking

Think there's some resemblence between Spook & Nico? We think she's his mother.

Also, I don't really like the name Spook...someone just started calling her that since she showed up around Halloween and it stuck. Anyone have a name suggestion for her?

See less See more
#6 ·
Hippyhart, They are so adorable! I can't think of any names off hand but I like the Salem idea. It does seem to fit her. Thanks for sharing those beautiful babies and mommy with us! They are so lucky to have you! Looking forward to seeing more pics. They grow up way to fast right before our eyes! :D :D :D :D :D :D

#11 ·
Hippyhart, How about the name Midnight for Spook? Thats what I named one of the feral cats that I feed. I have names for all of them. The one that I feed looks just like Spook! Only this one looks alittle bit smaller I guess because he must be younger. He just started coming around a few months ago. Well, lets us know on what name you pick. Hope mommy and kitties are doing good! :D

#14 ·
She is a very friendly outside cat that showed up around Halloween -- I'm hoping to find her and the kittens' homes, since I have two cats already and don't really want another one (of course, that will probably change in the next few weeks), so I am just fostering them for now.

She has been really good the past few days, not make a sound or complaining. I did give her roaming privileges of my bedroom this morning (she and the kittens are staying in the bathroom for now, which is connected to the bedroom), and she moved all the kittens under the bed, so I had to pull off the mattress and box springs and put them back in their nest. I going to have to keep her in the bathroom until I find another place to put her, since it's no place to keep a kitty.

#19 ·
re:kittens

Hippyhart, I really think you should keep Spook . Especially all you went through to help her ( and her babies ) . I know what you mean when you say you didn't plan on any more to keep. Like I said I planned on just one kitty ( besides my elder cat ) and I ended up with three kitties. But I know that I made the right choice even though that wasn't my plan from the start. I love every minute with all of them. I hope you can find good homes for all her babies too. Well, good luck on whatever decide. :D

#20 ·
Thanks, Cameo. It will be several weeks before we decide on what to do with Spook, and it will all depend on if she gets along with my other cats. She was a bully to the other cats outside, especially about food, but I'm thinking it was just hormonal, so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I'm working now while the kittens are young to find them homes -- I have several people in mind who have expressed the desire for a kitten at one time or who already have a cat that may need a buddy, so I'm hoping they will all be spoken for by the time they are ready to go. For the others I can't find homes for, I will be taking to a local petshop that takes in kittens and puppies from private breeders (no puppy and kitty mills!). Spook will be the toughest one to find a home for, but she is really sweet and good natured that I'm sure it won't be too hard.

#21 ·
It seems like they are growing by the minute! I left for a few hours, and already it looks like they've grown!!!

Here are some more photos on day 10 -- looks like they are changing color a little bit. The gray kittens are turning a lighter shade of gray, and the black kittens are getting darker. I'm just amazed at their development!

#22 ·
wow, she's gorgeous! does she have a speck of light hair on her? She looks like she's pure black, and her fur's so glossy!

I like the name Raven, it kind of suits her, and what about Ensiah (en-see-ah), it's unusual but it means black in persian.

I really think you should keep her, she seems so lovely and beautiful, and her kittens are so cute! If only I lived near you...

#23 ·
Hippyhart, I understand if you can not keep Spook. Sometimes these things happen. Although, I am still hoping that you can. I just think that there will be a real bond between the two of you. I'm so glad that you will make sure the kitties that do not get a home ( hopefully they all will ) will be in good hands. They are so lucky to have you. Oh by the way, thanks for sharing those beautiful babies with us again! Yes, they are growing up fast! They are just so cute!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#24 ·
Belficat, she is pure black -- someone told me that's really rare for a female cat, but I don't know about that. And for being a street cat, her fur is very shiny and soft, and I haven't found any fleas or earmites on her (I geve her a Revolution treatment in the early part of November, so I'm guessing that did that trick!). I was really worried about her having fleas and passing them to her babies, but so far so good.

She is really sweet, and I know she feels comfortable around me now since I've been feeding her and playing with her for the past five or six days. Once her kittens are up and walking around, I'm going to try to introduce her to my other cats and see how that goes. Thanks for the encouragement!

#26 ·
I keep calling her Mama Kitty -- it's the first thing that rolls off my tongue. Anyway, my other cats have people names, which is probably what I will go with for her too. Miles is named after the jazz great Miles Davis, and Nico is named after the german model who sang on the Velvet Underground's first album. Of course, when we named Nico, we thought He was a She, and it was hard to come up with something else after we had called him that for four or five weeks. It also means cat in Japanese, so we figured it was okay if he had a girl's name if there was an alternate meaning. So that's where I'm at right now...no name yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.