Cat Forum banner

Hachi playing fetch, again!

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  0ozma 
#1 ·
A new video of Hachi playing fetch... my last one was when he was around 1 year old. He's over 3 now! Much better at fetching and much more accurate with handing the toy back. Love my little guy :mrgreen:

#7 ·
He did it naturally since being a kitten, but wasn't very consistent and didn't completely bring it to me often. First I started petting him lightly on the head every time he brought it to me, then I moved to giving him a tiny piece of a treat each time (very tiny, 1 treat lasting many runs), now I'm working on saying "good boy" whenever he does something good :)

I don't really know what I'm doing lol

#8 ·
He did it naturally since being a kitten, but wasn't very consistent and didn't completely bring it to me often. First I started petting him lightly on the head every time he brought it to me, then I moved to giving him a tiny piece of a treat each time (very tiny, 1 treat lasting many runs), now I'm working on saying "good boy" whenever he does something good :)

I don't really know what I'm doing lol
You underestimate yourself!! You are a natural born Cat Whisperer!! :kittyturn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.