Cat Forum banner

Snickers is acting strangely

673 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lisa 216 
#1 ·
Yesterday, Pumpkin and Pepper got spayed. They went to the vet early in the AM and didn't come home until dinnertime, after which I closed them in their room for the night so they could recover quietly.

Snickers seemed very lonely without them all day. Today, however, he is hissing, growling, and swatting at them!!! :? :? :?

I can't figure out why. He acted like this when they were new but that stopped months ago. I wonder if perhaps they smell medicinal or like other animals after spending a day at the vet. He acts as if he doesn't know them!! I feel sorry for the kittens who are trying to be friendly. :(

Any thoughts?

#4 ·
This is typical. The cats went away and came back smelling really weird. Like other cats and medicine and antiseptic, etc. So the cat that stayed behind is reacting as if he doesn't know those girls.

The usually you just have to fix the smell and then they realize who those strange cats are...his friends. So, just make the cats smell like each other (this is where I always imagine rubbing together two fighting cats 8O ). Rub a blanket on the boy, then the girls, then the boy again. Put a drop of vanilla between the shoulder blades of all three and you should have them recognizing each other in no time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.