Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Still miss Chloe and Soxie
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Heather72754
Banned

Sorry you lost the girls Bill, I can tell you love them a lot. I had a similar situation happen to me years ago, but it was with a dog and the outcome wasn't as good - a champion show dog, a Doberman named Crystal. I did mention it in another thread on here somewhere, but anyway her owner was out of the country for 8 months and asked me to take her until she got back. That dog was the biggest baby in the world and bonded to me something fierce, she even slept with me under the covers at night.

When I had to return her, it was clear that she clung to me and didn't want to go to her owner so I asked to buy her for whatever price she asked, but was turned down. Unfortunately, the owner did not love her and only valued her for her exploits in the show ring - sadly she was just a possession. The dog jumped an almost impossibly high fence shortly after I left and was hit by a car and killed. The owner thought it was strange because she never was a jumper, but I have always felt that she was trying to find me. It broke my heart.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome