Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feral Kittens Update

7K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  Mikayla 
#1 ·
Well, a lot has happened with the kittens. Winnie, the smallest of the kittens who never really grew , developed constant diarrhea and stopped eating. The vet did a full blood workup but didn't see anything except the white blood cell count wasn't showing at all. He dewormed her and gave me some probiotics and RX kitten food. She died in my arms that night, the second kitten to pass.

I got Edwin Nash, the little one that I gave back to his mum after his sibling died, back in the house and my daughter and her boyfriend have adopted him and the little black kitty, now named Maisie Pearl.

Sunshine took off with her 2 remaining kittens and I only see her without them in the daytime when she comes to eat without them. I'm sure she brings them at night. My neighbour across the street knew I was looking for the kittens and called to tell me that she had the babies locked in her shed. I proceeded to trap Sunshine but when I went to get the kittens they were gone, probably through a small hole in the back of the shed. I searched for them all night but finally had to let Sunshine back out as there are a few predators around and the traffic is very busy in the morning. I wasn't willing to sacrifice the kittens to get her spayed. I hope to get her and the kittens in soon.

Thank you Sharon for the advice on using Heidi's Boot Camp. The 2 remaining kittens are coming along great and now come for pets and cuddles. They go to the vet tomorrow to be checked and receive their first shots. I've had posters up but so far no interest. I'm so worried about finding them good, safe, indoor homes. I've lost 8 lbs and a lot of sleep and cried a lot of tears since all this started but hearing the purrs of these babies has made it all worth it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, the little boy is now a little girl and has gone from Attie short for Atticus to Addie short for Adelaide She and the little torti had a great vet check up and are 2.3 and 1.8lbs. I am so relieved as I felt I had done everything wrong with 2 of them dying while under my care. The vet techs and the receptionist all held them and had them purring and asked me to send pictures to them to help find them homes. I feel like crying I'm so happy they're alright.

#7 ·
Awww, thanks for the update Mikayla! The kittens are just adorable!!! The little tabby/torti is such a fluffball! Now you know that you did a great job with the kittens, and it's great news that Sunshine is taking care of her kittens and still coming by.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you manage to trap them too, but in the meantime, there's a lot for you to be proud of! :)

#8 ·
Mikayla,
So glad these two are doing so well! They most likely wouldn't have, without your help and care.
It is gut wrenching, to lose the little ones...
But quite often, there's just not much you can do...other than provide some comfort and warmth...
And you've done that!
These little ones are adorable!!
You're doing Great and I know it's just a matter of time before you catch Sunshine and her two kittens!
Hang in there!
Hugs and Prayers for you and babies!
Sharon

#12 ·
LOL! Don't feel like the Lone Rnger!
I use my SG3 for picture taking and it's so easy to attach a pic from it, to the forum!
I've yet to add my pictures to the PC, so I don't have any albums set up even!
If I can ever get away from work long enough...I might get it figured out!!
Hec, I might even figure out how to send a video!!;):D
Sharon

#14 ·
I like Tilly but one of my daughters has a cat named Matilda and I call her Tildy all the time. Mostly I call this one my litttle Torti Tu which is not really much of a name. Any suggestions? She is a little sweetie but hisses at me a great deal of the time and then lets me pet her.

#16 ·
ACK! I'm doing good! I meant to say "More" pictures of these two!! ;)
As far as a name goes...usually some idea, will suddenly pop out of nowhere! And Voila! You have a name! :D

#17 ·
That's usually the way it works for me. I was trying not to name any of them so I wouldn't get too attached but it's way too late for that.
Right now the 2 of them are attacking each other and yowling. They still haven't figured out that nights are for sleeping.

#18 ·
Edwin Nash and Maisie Pearl taken by my daughter, their new mum, on her cell. Maisie is the little black kitten who was doing poorly that night.

A bit blurry but shows Addie's colours. Please excuse scoop as I was doing litter when they came out for photo shoot

Torti Tu watching the ball go around

#21 ·
OMG! Mikayla,
They are sooooo cute!
You've done an AWESOME job!
Addie's colors are really neat!
I'll make a vote for Gretel, for Torti Tu! :D
Cute name for a very cute little girl!
Sharon

#27 ·
Yes she does. I'm bad. One of my ferals I bonded with outside I called Baby Girl as she was really small and I didn't want to get too attached as one of my fixed ferals had just been killed on the road. I brought her in when I found her hiding in a window well and thought she had been hurt. She had kittens that night (had no idea she was pregnant) and she has now been in for 4 years. She has no idea that her name at the vet is Jasmine and comes every time I call my granddaughter my beautiful baby girl.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.