Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - can a cat lose weight on a 50/50 diet?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Ianthe

I just wanted to jump in and say i know EXACTLY what you are going through....

I have 3 cats, and 1 is overweight. (Ashley) she should probably weigh around 9 pounds and she is at about 13 and a half. VERY pudgy, because she is a very small boned, petite cat...so almost 14 pounds is alot on her.
Anyway, I have struggled with what to do as well...I also feed Chicken Soup dry, and my 3 free feed. They all also split 1 can of wet food twice a day. My 2 boys are both good weights, although Gaylord is actually a bit thin- but he has always been that way. However, I wouldn't ant him to lose any weight or he would be skin and bones.
I don't want to feed a weight loss diet, because I would then have to diet all 3....I can't afford to go to all wet for all 3 of them, and I have tried that in the past and they hated it anyway.

Anyway, I guess I don;t have any great suggestions for you, but I had to jump in because our situations are so similar Let me know if you find something that works!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome