Cat Forum banner

Cats like their new shed

841 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Greenport ferals 
#1 ·
I finally finished my backyard cat shed, and just in time - we had 10 inches of snow on the day before Thanksgiving.

The first photo is the shed as it will usually look. When I heard the forecast I hastily put up poly and 2x4s to close the front in. Although the cats - 9 of them - spend nights in the house in the winter, they do like having a place to hang out outdoors during the day.

What can I say about 10 inches of snow this time of year? It was beautiful, but a lot to contend with. The cats thought so too.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, that looks amazing! It's really impressive that you did that yourself. It just looks so well-constructed, and obviously the kitties are enjoying it!

Did you put shelves all the way around or just on the side? I'd love to see the inside! Post some pics when you can.

I'd bet people would pay to have you make one of those for them!

#6 ·
Thank you very much. It was my first attempt at building something. I bought a driver/drill and a circular saw. The saw was a little intimidating at first, but as I began to use it slowly and carefully I was OK with it.
I asked my guy friends about how to frame the building but I was able to do all the work myself. It was fun.
I used screws so I could take mistakes apart. I made plenty.
This is 100 percent for the cats. They needed an outside place to shelter.
Especially with the snow restricting their travel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.