Cat Forum banner

Agnes and Dexter meet

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  tghsmith 
#1 ·
Since Dexter came back from vet with a clean bill of health I decided to go ahead and introduce them.

At first there was a bit of hissing and slapping from Agnes, then they started playing and ran through the house like banshees for half an hour. Now they are cuddling on top of the cat tree. One they get up Dexter will have to go back in his room but I figured I would give them some time to bond.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks guys! They are continuing to do well together. In fact they are good friends already!

Marcia, Dexter is banished back into the room because of his inconsistencies with the litter box. I think he is improving, he hasn't had an accident since the one on my bed...but I am hesitant to give him too much freedom yet. He has seen Agnes using the box now so I am hoping he will follow her cues.

Attachments

#8 ·
That makes sense! You could try putting several boxes around the house and eliminate them as the days/weeks go by too (just to put your mind at ease). I like the dish pans from Dollar Tree. Good size and cheap - really cheap so no big hit to the wallet when tossed.

#9 ·
The picture of your son with the kittens is priceless! So glad Agnes and Dexter are doing so well together. Marcia's idea is excellent! Getting dish pans at the dollar store for litterboxes is perfect. Never thought of that. I keep buying the expensive boxes. Not anymore.

#11 ·
lynx pointers will learn fast, most of the ones I've known have been to smart for their own good..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.