Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Sad story looking for a happy ending
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:14 AM
doodlebug
Super Moderator

Wait...I'm confused...

You say your friend is interested in adopting. Then your sister says it doesn't feel like the right match. Then you're talking about adopting him.

What does the friend say? The person doing the adopting needs to understand the possible issues and decide if they want to take it on.

Jake's first mama passed away, he was thrown in the shelter for 2 months and then spent another two months in foster, then put on a transport from Kentucky to New Hampshire. He was stressed and confused for weeks, but relaxed enough that he wasn't whimpering in his sleep after a few weeks. But I noticed the huge change in him at about 6 months...I guess he finally figured out that he was here to stay and that his new mama was just as good (and probably better, if I do say so myself!) as the old one. Basically, if they are well taken cared of and loved, I think they adjust...it just takes some time to feel safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome