Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weigh yourself while holding the cat, weigh yourself, then subtract

• I don't weigh my cats

How do you weigh your cats?

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  reprot 
#1 ·
How do you weigh your cats? I put them directly on the scale. I use to do the 2nd option because I assumed they wouldn't stand on the scale long enough to get a good reading.

#9 ·
Rogue and Fry was just at the vet on Monday for their booster shots. I don't remember their weight... I was too busy trying to keep an eye on both of them and making sure they woud stay on the scale.

Boyfriend said Fry gained one whole pound since the last visit, which was a month ago! He's going to be a BIG cat!

#10 ·
I weigh myself, then weigh myself with the cat in my arms, then subtract the difference (the subtracted number is the cat's weight). I can't put the cat on the scale by herself, because then she'd try to get away and it could trick the scale. When we first got our scale, I tried putting Willow on it like that, and it said she was 12 pounds. When I stepped on and held her, then subtracted the weight, it said she was actually 9 pounds.

#13 ·
Uh, believe it or not......

I have an old hanging produce scale from a supermarket closeout. The kind with the little metal bowl type tray hanging under it. I just put a dry towel in the basket and sit the cat in. I don't worry about the couple of ounces the towel amounts to......

#15 ·
I thought I was weighing mine on my digital scale when I looked down and saw only 3 paws were on it. Then 2. Then, flipping over to have the "belly rub". Then oozing off the scale like an octopus. Then licking the dial. :roll: Second cat thought it was on a treadmill. Mickey, my 18 pounder, was too big to fit on the scale. That was it. Now, they get weighed at the vet, and they give HER a hard time, except for Mickey. He lies down and would stay there. My cats are in constant motion. They even twitch when they sleep.

#17 ·
Argent said:
I jump on the digital scale to find out how tubby I am -- then I grab the girls one at a time and jump on and subtract the two numbers. (They go to the vets next weekend so we'll see how close my numbers are to the vets)
I do that also. I had Big Tom at 16 pounds. The two older cats went to the vet last week for their annuals and here he's only 13 pounds. I was surprised by that. He feels so much heavier than JoJo and she weighs 12.5 pounds. I'm thinking maybe he feels heavier because he is a Ragdoll and when I pick him up he goes limp like dead weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.