View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
jennifer2

Re: Drunk Driving Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodeia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
Last year they tried to implement a law saying that first time DWI offenders have to have an ignition interlock installed in their cars-a device that requires you to blow a 0 B.A.L. before the car will start.
Frankly, I think the notion of installing something like that in a car is laughable. I am emphatically anti-alcohol, but I find this to be ridiculous. It's too bad that we can't all be responsible, caring for ourselves and others. I take a great deal of pride in being the designated driver - maybe it's just the 'mommy' in me.

Here in Ohio, those who've been convicted twice of DWI have bright yellow license plates. I love it, and I wish all states did likewise.

I'd be interested in seeing some information about how the ACLU somehow blocked these initiatives. Do you have any links about it?
I remember the radio people talking about the ACLU when this was big in the news, but apparently I was wrong about what they were challenging since both stories were in the news at the same time. The ACLU challenged the cities new plan to seize cars of DWI offenders at the time of arrest.
http://www.thenewmexicochannel.com/news ... etail.html
They were also challenging our new red light cameras.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome