Cat Forum banner

The Herd: Long Overdue Update

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  dmcwlvssr 
#1 ·
Hi all!! I'm sorry it's been a REALLY long time since I've posted. No particular reason....maybe just taking a break. Anyway, lots of things have happened, some good, some bad. Here goes:

We tragically lost Pytu this past summer. She was hit by a car well down the road from our house. We're not sure why she was down as far as she was.

The old farmhouse next to our property was burned down by the owner in August. We didn't lose anyone in the demolition/burning thankfully. However, we have sort of lost Squirrel because of it. For several days after the event, we waited for a few of the cats to show back up. All did but Squirrel. We assumed that she had died in the fire. About three months after, she showed up on the porch. We couldn't believe it. I brought her in the house and gave her some wet food to eat. She looked like she had been eating fine as she hadn't appeared to have lost any weight. Well, she did not want to stay in the house AT ALL. (She had become an almost exclusively outside cat well before the event). I let her out again and we haven't seen her since. We think that she comes around late to eat, but we still miss her.
Additionally, we haven't seen Meeko, Sundae, or MiniMe for several weeks now. We think Sundae may have been carried off (don't ask me why). I think MiniMe went back to the home she had before she had the kittens. Meeko.....I just don't know. None of them were on the road, so that's out.

The rest are doing fine. Dandy, Powder, and Burnie might stay away for a couple of nights now and then. Nimbus has turned completely feral. I see her every few nights on the table outside. We give her wet when she's here and get to pet her a bit. Silke (the female of the Evil Twins) spends lots of time away as well. For some reason, she is NOT liked by any of the other cats. When she comes home, I bring her in and make her stay for at least a night. She sleeps on our bed and no one bothers her there. The next day though, she's ready to leave again. Smooth (male Evil Twin) is very laid back, is HUGE (though not quite as big as Dandy) and likes to stay out at night, but he's always here.

Moo-Moo, Belle, Claire, and Domino are also doing well. Domino and Moo-Moo are the biggest Silke-haters in the house. If not watched, they will terrorize Silke to no end. What's up with that?

Bear (Pytu's brother) was horribly depressed after she died. He's better now, but he changed....he's very protective of me. He is also a major Silke-hater.

BittyMe, BittyPie, and Boom-Boom (formerly Boomer), are MiniMe's kittens. They are growing up wonderfully, though they are very skittish most of the time. At night when they're in the house, they become very needy and will follow you around demanding to be touched. Boom-Boom loves to cuddle with my wife.

The cat formerly known as HoneyBee is now known as Beast (more masculine.....was that one of the suggestions?) He comes in the house from time to time, but doesn't stay in long. We're just glad he's here.

We have new additon as well. This is Confetti-Andretti.

We saw her one day while we were at Petsmart. She was soaking wet because she had dumped her water bowl and soaked everything in her cage. We just couldn't let her stay there. She's Confetti because of her markings, especially on the back of her hind legs. Andretti because she is the fastest thing in the house!! She fears nothing but cars and won't hesitate to jump on anyone in her sights!!!

Well, I think that just about covers everyone. I'll have to put updated pics in MMK. Hope all of you are doing fine.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks everyone for the sentiments. Pytu's death hurt us very much (which would be true for all of them). We have several that we know cross the road, she just wasn't one of them.

Tim, figured you'd be a Mod by now :lol:

#12 ·
Hey Spike, Great that you are back! I haven't been around much either but I couldn't resist seeing what you were up to. Good to see you still have a big cat family, have you ever shown pics of your dogs?

We have aquired 3 more cats a dog since you left...holy time flies by eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.